:A Proscriptive Relationship: 58

ابدأ من البداية

He his arms tightened around me, making my arms squish together painfully. I tried to break free from his grasp, but in my feeble state I could barely move my head. It took a moment for me to realize Mr. Heywood's shoulders were shaking... and he wasn't laughing.

"Mr... Chris, what's wrong?" I asked slowly, my chest tightening as a sense of dread washed over me. "What? Is it Lance? Or Jeremy? What happened?" I cried, feeling panicky. "Are they hurt? Is Shawn still free? Mr. Heywood!"

Mr. Heywood finally pulled away from me, keeping his head down. "No, they're fine," he told me in a husky voice.

My shoulders sagged in relief. "Then what's the matter?"

"I love you, Holly," Mr. Heywood murmured into my shoulder. "So much."

"I love you too," I responded, growing more and more confused.

Mr. Heywood's body suddenly became tense. "I thought I lost you."

"Lost me?"

He raised his head, his eyes piercing into mine. My heart skipped a beat when I realized they were red- either from lack of sleep or crying. He let out a deep sigh, bringing one of his hands up to my face and gently stroking my cheek. There was a slight tremor to his hand.

"I've never been so terrified in my life," Mr. Heywood started, setting his jaw. "I thought you were going to die, Holly."

"Die?" I parroted, my mouth going dry.

Mr. Heywood's face tightened, a look of pain crossing it. "I told you not to go to sleep. You didn't listen. The knife missed your vital organs, but you lost so much blood, so they gave you a transfusion, but you were still in critical condition, and you slipped into a coma-"

"Coma?" I repeated incredulously, panic creeping up on me once again. "A coma?"

Mr. Heywood nodded, shaking his head. "The doctor's gave no explanation. I thought you wouldn't wake up though. I thought that I had somehow managed to get you killed, even though I tried my best to protect you. I thought-"

"Mr. Heywood," I started, cutting him off. "Mr. Heywood, I'm okay."

He snapped his mouth shut, looking at me with smoldering eyes. Using all the strength I had, I raised my hand up to his cheek, resting it against him. "I'm okay," I repeated, feeling my eyes water. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, stupid," Mr. Heywood responded, shutting his eyes and grabbing my hand, pressing it more securely to his cheek. "You have nothing to apologize for."

"But I worried you-"

Mr. Heywood shook his head slightly. "I love worrying about you, Holly. I just wish I didn't have to so much."

"You won't have to anymore right?"

Mr. Heywood stayed silent. Panic started welling up within me. "How long have I been out for? Is Lance okay? What about Jeremy? Where's Shawn?"

Mr. Heywood put his hand over my mouth, effectively silencing me. "Holly, you need to calm down. Lance is fine. Jeremy is fine. Shawn's in jail."

"Shawn's in jail?" I repeated when Mr. Heywood pulled his hand away.

Mr. Heywood nodded. "The police got him."

It took a moment for the news to sink in. Shawn was finally captured. "And what about you?" I asked, growing nervous again.

He smiled slightly. "Since I was a good boy and quote, unquote saved you, I'm off the hook."

"You're not in any trouble?"