Chapter- 56

In Malhotra Mansion

Arjun's Bedroom

Arjun was reading a book while sitting on his arm chair when he felt a presence nearing towards him. He looked up to see Manik standing there with his head bowed down.

Arjun ( sighed ): Kya bath hai, Malhotra. Kamra bhool gaye kya..Ye aapki girlfriend ke kamra nahi hai..

Manik ( nervously ): Wo..mein aapse milne keliye hi..aaya hoon..

Arjun ( raised his eyebrows ): Mujhse..?? Aur wo kyun..??

Manik, finally looked up at Arjun and spoke while looking directly in his eyes..

Manik: Kyunki mere hisaab se, mein aapka potha hoon..

Arjun ( expressionless ): Ye sirf aapke nahi balki poore pariwar ke hisse se, aap mera potha hi hai, aur mere ye pothe se, mene pehle bhi bath kar chuka hoon..tho phir..??

Manik ( nodded ): Ji haan, bath kar chuke hain. Par mein jo aapse poochna chahtha tha, wo abhi thak poocha hi nahi..

Arjun ( frowned ): Elaboration, Malhotra..

Manik ( hurt ): What was my mistake..??

Arjun looked at Manik in surprise..

Manik: What was my mistake that you couldn't be the real Arjun Malhotra with me..?? I always considered you to be a rude and heartless person but when I got to know about you from Nandini, I was like, no, she can't be referring to my grandfather. But then, when I saw you here, the way you speak with everyone over here, I understood that I was at fault and you didn't want to be yourself with me..Mera kya kusoor tha..?? Kya mein jaan saktha hoon..agar nahi tho shayad poori zindagi mein aapse dhoor jaane ka rastha doondoonga, so that you don't need to face me, ever..

Arjun looked at him with his softened eyes and then patted the place near to his knees and Manik knelt down in front of him. He always does it and he thought, his place was near Arjun's feet but only his grandfather knows why he does that..

Arjun: Do you know why, I always make you sit here..??

Manik nodded in yes..

Arjun: Tho bathao..

Manik: Kyunki..mere jagah..aapke pairon mein hain..

Arjun simply smiled faintly. He had hurt him so much..

Arjun ( calmly ): Acha..Aur ye baath kisne kaha tumse..??

Manik: Koi bhi nahi..Bas, samaj liya..

Arjun ( softly ): Ithna hurt kiya hai kya mein tumhe..??

He snapped his head at Arjun to see him sitting calmly but there was a faint smile on his face. It looked like more of a guilty one. Arjun leaned backwards and stared at the ceiling..

Arjun: Jaanna chahthe the na tum, ki mein kyu tumhe apne aapse door kiya..Mein kyu tumhe hamesah daanta..

He looked at Manik and he immediately nodded in yes..

Arjun ( sighed ): Nyonika...

And that name was enough for Manik to gasp in shock. He, never have thought in his life that Nyonika could be the reason behind Arjun's behavior towards Manik..

Manik: Ny..Nyonika..??

Arjun nodded and stared back at the ceiling..

Arjun: Haa..Nyonika, your so called biological mother. Your Dad's first ever love, in fact, that guy has never fallen in love with any other woman. Na jaane aise bhi kya dekhliya uss naalayak ne uss aurath mein..Aur tumhara Dad ki wahi galathi hum sabki zindagi barbad kiya tha. Jab thak hume uske asliyath ke barein mein patha chala, thabk thak you were already born in this world, and that kept her in control of us. She had a powerful control over us, kyunki jithni bhi galath kaam kare, at the end, she always used her triumph card with her, which was you. Hamesha, tujhe use kiya tha wo, pehle tho tum bacha tha isiliye she used your innocence that you always kept yourself with her and finally, she crossed her limits by trying to separate Chhavi from Raj as she was like a little sister for him. Uske baad, she got your custody by using her fake tears in front of the court but she still was Mrs. Malhotra. But..that was the second biggest mistake that Raj has ever done. I had loved you, Manik. I really did.