Chapter- 39

In Dixit's Palace

Viren's Bedroom

Nandini, walked inside Viren's bedroom only to see him staring at his front by sitting on his armchair. She followed his gaze and she too had tears in her eyes.

It was a portrait of Viren and Chhavi. They were looking so happy. Whenever, he feels hurt, angry or happy, let it be any kind of emotions, he just stares at their photo and share it with his wife. According to Dixits, she is still alive, maybe others won't be able to see her but they can feel her.

Nandini took baby steps towards Viren and knelt down in front of him and kept her head on his lap and he just closed his eyes letting the tears to flow out..

Nandini ( sobbed ): D..Dad, I know, you're mad at me. In fact, you're more than hurt because of me. And I know, a mere sorry won't be enough for it. But Dad, you're the one who always asked me to smile right, then shouldn't I do what you taught me..? Shouldn't I be a lady like how Mom wanted me to be..?

Saying it, she raised her head to look at him and he looked in her eyes for the first time, after the little but a depressing fiasco. She took his hands in her left hand and wiped his tears with her right hand and cupped his right cheek in her palm.

Nandini ( in tears ): Do you remember telling me for the first time that you love to see my smile. You love to see me happy. Maybe, it was a little confession for you but it was an oath for me, Dad. I pledged to Mom ( Chhavi's portrait ) that I will always smile, no matter in whatever pain I am going through but I will smile for you, for my family. I always wanted to see you happy, Dad. When I saw Mom for the last time, she took my tiny hands in her's and said only one thing " You're the butterfly of our family, something which is adorn by everyone due to it's beauty just like how we adore you, make us adore you more by smiling to the whole world even if your heart is twisting in pain. Be a strong lady because your Mumma hates weakness. Be your Dad's strength, your brothers' smile. Maybe, Mumma can't be any of it, anymore. " She was your strength, our happiness, she never cried but wiped our tears instead. I just followed her path, Dad.

Viren looked at her with more tears in his eyes.

Viren ( softly ): You wanted to follow your Mumma's path. Fine, do it. I have no problem. But, does it mean that you won't share your problems with me..? Am I not worthy of it..?

Nandini shook her head in No immediately and held his hands in her's..

Nandini: Nahi Paapu, aisi baath nahi hai. You're the most beautiful thin happened to me, Dad..!! It's just, I knew how much Pops and Manik mattered to you. You, actually think Manik is your son. So, he being the reason of my pain will make you feel ill. You won't be able to bear it. And, you and Pops, your friendship is something I adore the most. I was scared, what if..what if you lose your friendship with him..!!

Viren looked at her with tears but a look asking " seriously "..

Viren: Tujhe hamari friendship ithna kamzor lagi..?

Nandini looked down..

Nandini: Nahi, par mein..I didn't want to be the reason of anyone's worry. I knew how much I mattered to you all and Manik holds the same importance in your life, you won't be able to chose anyone among us. Pops, he would be hurt.

She looked at him and spoke by looking in his eyes..

Nandini: Mein aap sabki khushi banna chahthi thi, Paapu, aansu nahi..I..am..Sorry..You know I love you the most..

Viren looked at her with utmost love in his eyes for her and just knelt down and took her in his arms completely while she sobbed first and then cried like a baby..