Chapter- 30

In Malhotra Mansion

Manik's bedroom

Manik was still staring at Nandini with widened eyes. He couldn't believe that finally he has her in his arms. He started caressing her cheeks..

Manik ( smiled ): Finally, I have you. I just can't believe my eyes, Nandini. You are sleeping in my arms.

She stirred in sleep and dug herself more into Manik's chest which just increased his smile.

Nandini ( eyes closed ): Bhai...time kya hai..

Manik's face looked horrifying when she said " Bhai ".. His eyes could even pop out of its sockets..

Manik ( shouted ): What..!!!!

Hearing his shout, a sleepy Nandini woke up in a jerk and shouted..

Nandini: Kya hua..

And then, she noticed Manik on her bed..

Nandini ( shocked ): Tum yaha kya kar rahe ho..

Manik ( sarcastically ): Ab mein apne bedroom mein bhi nahi so saktha..

Nandini ( frowned ): Tumhara bedroom..?

Suddenly, she remembered the previous night's incidents and then she slapped her forehead..

Nandini: Mein bhi na..

Manik pulled her on him and she widened her eyes in shock..

Nandini: Manik, what the hell are you doing..?

Manik ( glared ): What the hell did you call me..?

Nandini ( confused ): "Manik"..what else would I call you..?

Manik ( annoyed ): Really..? When did Manik started sounding Bhai to me, then..?

Nandini ( irritated ): What are you even saying, Manik..?

Manik ( angry ): You just called me BHAI..?

Nandini sat shocked..

Nandini: What..? Are you crazy..?

Manik ( mimicked ): " Bhai..time kya hai "..You were the one who said it..

Nandini recalled what she said first after waking up and she started laughing much to Manik's annoyance..

Manik: Nandini...

Nanidni ( giggled ): Okay, I am sorry..I, actually thought, I was at my place..Abhi Bhai's room is just opposite to mine and most of the times, he would be awake and will be waiting for me to wake up..My bedroom's door won't be closed every time..

Manik sighed in relief but then a thought came across his mind..

Manik ( smirked ): Waise, aap yaha kya kar rahe hai, Madam..?

Nandini ( glared ): Like you don't know..

Manik ( smirked ): Yeah, Miss Dixit was missing her monster's warmth..

She slapped his arm, hard..

Manik: Ouch, Nandini..

Nandini ( angry ): You monster, you drank a whole bottle of alcohol, last night and now, you are playing pranks with me..

Manik frowned after hearing it..

Manik ( in a daze ): I drank..? But..I..I stopped drinking after..

He stopped after realizing what he was going to say. He looked at Nandini who was looking at him curiously.

Manik ( avoided eye contact): Ah..I stopped drinking after college..yeah..college..