Chapter Six - Power of an Ambitious Teenager

Oliver

I had always believed in magic, but I had never believed in angels. I know that it’s far-fetched of me; to compare a first year to an angel, but to be honest she deserved it in my own opinion. She had long, blonde wavy hair that went down to the small of her back, blue eyes the colour of the sea. She had a golden, healthy tan, from days spent running around in fields littered with dandelions. She had a small yet dainty figure, not nearly an hourglass figure, but it suited her nonetheless.

The girl that had captured my attention was none other than my new best friend, Savannah Chambers. I had sworn to myself that I wouldn’t have anything to do with the Chambers after the incident with Christian and Eleanor, but I couldn’t help it. I was drawn to her from the moment I had met her in Diagon Alley. I had promised myself that I wouldn’t get caught up in any drama caused by Christian, but I couldn’t stay away from her.

I was interrupted from my thoughts, by the one person that was plaguing my mind.

“Hey Ollie!” She greeted warmly, as she slid onto the seat next to me.

“Morning Vannah,” I greeted back with a smile, as she piled bacon and scrambled eggs onto her gold plate. The Great Hall was bustling with cheerful students, and mindless chatter, as owls flew into the Great Hall, dropping parcels and letters left right and centre. One landed in front of Vannah, and her face lit up with a pearly white smile. I felt the incoming drama before I could see it. It was no surprise to anyone that something had happened between Vannah and Fred, and that she wasn’t happy about it. I looked over my shoulder to see George standing angrily behind a very nervous looking Fred.

“Savannah?” He asked. She looked up from shovelling scrambled eggs into her mouth, to glare up at him.

“What do you want?” She spat after she swallowed. Fred shuffled on his feet, and took a nervous gulp. He tried to take a step back, but George pushed him forward.

“Savannah, I just wanted to say that I was sorry. I didn’t mean to make you upset. It’s just, I see you as a little sister, and I don’t want you to get hurt, I’m only trying to protect you Savy-Pie. Please forgive me,” he practically whispered, as his brown eyes, bore into her blue ones. She just continued to eat her eggs. “I’m sorry,” he apologised again. I could see that he really meant it, so why wasn’t she forgiving him? Sav swallowed, and looked up at Fred, with the piercing Chambers glare.

“It’s not me you have to apologise to Fred,” she replied, as she nudged her head in my direction. Me? Why did Fred have to apologise to me?

“I’m sorry Oliver. I’m sorry for saying that you were just using her to get back at Christian. I’m sorry for saying that you were just using her for arm candy. I’m sorry that I called you a dirty-minded git, and I’m sorry for trying to come between you and Sav,” he apologised. I just blinked. He really thought that?

“You really thought that I would use Sav to get back at Christian Fred?” I asked, as I cocked my head to the side. Fred shuffled nervously on his feet, and reluctantly nodded his head.

“Fred, Christian hurt my sister, yes, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to stoop to his level. Vannah is one of my best friends, and yes she was hurt because of something you did, but she wouldn’t tell me, and now I know the truth. So I forgive you, and I hope that we can all continue to be friends.” I could see George sigh in absolute relief, and even Fred looked reassured. I then turned to see Sav looking at both Fred and I with a happiness I didn’t even know existed.

“I forgive you Freddy!” She cried, as she stood up from the seat she was sitting on and flung her arms around his neck. He looked shocked for a second, but then wrapped his arms around her waist, lifted her up into the air and twirled her around in a circle. He set her down, and she pulled away. “It’s good to have you back Freddie,” she whispered.