Pranks 'N' Potions

Sav

It was Christmas Eve and to say I was excited for the next day, was most definitely an understatement. Oliver literally had to hold me still while we watched his mother prep the food for tomorrow's breakfast.

"Christmas is my favourite holiday!" I cried out as I stole a miniature quiche from Oliver's plate.

"Oi! Eat your own!" He cried out with a smile as he tried and failed to swat my hand away. I pointed to my own plate and then popped the delicious pastry into my mouth.

"It's not my fault your Mum's cooking is so delicious!" I laughed while I savoured the taste of the quiche.

"No more you two, otherwise there will be none to eat for breakfast tomorrow!" Olivia cried as she swatted Oliver's hand away when he reached for yet another quiche.

"Fine," Oliver sighed in defeat before he turned his attention to me. "I want to show you something," he smiled before he jumped up from the stool and held his hand out to me. I looked at him warily as I remembered the look that was in his eyes the other day at Kings Cross.

"Come on Vannah," he whispered as he reached forward and grazed his fingers on the back of my hand. I stood up with absolutely no help from Oliver and watched his smile fall off of his face. "What's wrong?" He asked as I made my way toward the foyer, which was a stunning colour of beige and cream.

"Why does Fred think you're going to hurt me?" I asked as I turned around and looked at him as he entered the foyer.

"There's a lot of contributing factors to that Vannah. He's just jealous that you're spending your time with me instead of him. If you ask me, I'd say he wanted to be the only one that you spent your time with," he finished as he walked toward one of the couches in the foyer and sat down on it. He leant forward slightly and clasped his hands together.

"But I don't understand why you hate him so much," I spoke my mind as I looked out the window at the magnificent front yard.

"I don't hate him Vannah, I just don't like the way he treats me. I treat him the way he treats me," Oliver replied as he got up from the couch and came over to stand beside me.

"Well why can't you at least try to get along with him?! Why can't you at least try to rise above it?" I cried out as my head whipped around to face him. Oliver had a shocked look on his face as he looked deep into my eyes. He had never really heard me raise my voice and when he had it wasn't directed at him.

There was silence for a few seconds before Oliver sighed gently.

"I promise you Vannah, I will try to get along with Fred. For you," he whispered as he laid a gentle hand on the small of my back.

I threw a look over my shoulder, looked into his deep brown eyes and saw that what he said was genuine. He was really going to try to get along with Fred, even if it was just for my sake.

"Thank you Oliver, you might not realise, but it truly does mean a lot to me," I whispered as I turned into his chest.

His arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me even closer to him. The warmth from his body quickly made me forget about how cold it was outside and I knew that Oliver would never hurt me and even if he did, he wouldn't mean it.

"I'm sorry Vannah, I promise I will try harder," he whispered as he pressed a gentle kiss on the top of my head. Those words were enough to melt my heart. They both knew I hated fighting, so for Oliver to agree to try, was the only thing I could hope for.

"You kids better go to bed! You have to be up early in the morning!" Olivia's voice carried through from the kitchen into the foyer and my holiday spirit was slowly starting to return.