Chapter Three - First Days STINK! Oh, Wait That's Just Flint

Sav

I awoke the next morning, my usual wavy, blonde, tameable hair, was knotted in ringlets and practically piled on the top of my head. I rubbed the sleep out of my baby blue eyes, which were still sore and puffy from crying last night. I opened my eyes to see near-transparent curtains, tinted with gold, a beautiful red duvet, with a gold intricate pattern on the bottom quarter. The pillows consisted of both red and gold, and they were so comfortable. I sat up and ran a hand through the owl’s nest I called hair. I pulled back the gold curtains, threw back the duvet, and stepped out onto the cold, stone floor. I looked around to see four other beds, similar to the one I had just climbed out of around the edges of the room, all diagonally placed. There was a small fireplace in the centre of the room, and trunks at the end of each bed. Wardrobes littered the areas to the right hand side of each bed, and above each bed, there was a shelf carved into the stone of the wall. I wonder where I was. The room looked strange and unfamiliar, but for some really strange reason, I felt safe. I felt like I belonged.

“Sav!” I heard my voice, before I was tackled into a hug from each side. I pulled away from them, before I noticed it was Angelina and Alicia.

“Hey!” I cried, before giving them both another hug. “Umm, where are we?” I asked, my earlier confusion coming back into play.

“This is our dorm room! We’re in the Gryffindor Tower! We were so worried when the Prefect brought you up here last night! But she said you were fine, just exhausted, so we put you straight in to your bed. We have separate dorms from the boys, and our staircase is charmed so the boys can’t come up here. The common room is downstairs, but the bathrooms are the floor below the entrance to the common room. The entrance in is a painting of the Fat Lady, and the password,” Alicia began before taking a breath, Angelina and I just stared in shock, as Alicia looked around, she leant in very close. “Is Braveheart.” She finished, her voice had dropped to an immediate whisper.

“What did you do? Read every word in the Introductory Guide?” I asked sarcastically. Angelina giggled, but Alicia slapped my arm.

“By the way,” Angelina started, with an amused grin on her face. “A guy was looking for you this morning. Gryffindor. Good looking.” She winked the last part. I rolled my eyes, but grinned all the same.

“When’s breakfast?” I asked, as my stomach let out a deep growl.

“About an hour. We already went and freshened up. You probably should as well! It looks like you’ve been playing Quidditch with your eyes closed!” Alicia laughed. I poked my tongue out at her in a childish manner, before grabbing my toiletries, my new school robes and my Gryffindor tie and turned to Angelina.

“Guide me?” I asked jokingly.

“Come on!” She laughed, as she tugged on my wrist. We walked out of our dorm, down an absolute ridiculous amount of stairs, and came to a beautifully decorated room, the same colours as our dorm room. There was another set of stairs, which I’m guessing went up into the boy’s dorm, but my attention was completely diverted to the fact that we were walking towards a wall. Then suddenly, something swang out into the brightly lit hallway. Angelina tugged me out through the wall that had just appeared, and I just had a chance to take a glimpse of the portrait that smiled kindly at me. I smiled back, and threw a wave, before Angelina pulled me through a series of hallways. I tried to remember which way we were going but it wasn’t easy. We went left, then right, down some stairs, and into an incredibly intricate bathroom. The tiles were a beautiful shade of cream, and light grey bricks made up the walls. The ceiling was incredibly high, with a complicated chandelier giving off an insane amount of light. A bath the size of my swimming pool times ten, was in the middle, with red tiles. Showers lined the eastern wall, also with red tiles, and there were even a few toilets and sinks littered around the other walls.