Chapter Seven - Loyalty of a Patient Friend

Sav

I had always been a little abnormal. There was nothing strange about that. What really caused my form of abnormality and the strange occurrences around me was my magic. I couldn't explain it at the time, but every time I tried, my parents would brush it off as "just my imagination". I knew the truth now. They couldn't just tell me that I was just imagining it because now, I knew, that I was a witch.

I looked to Ravenclaw's table, to see my brother Christian looking over at Oliver's sister, Eleanor. He was still in love with her, anyone could see. Hell, even Professor Snape could see it, and he's pretty oblivious.

"Hey Vannah," I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I jumped about a metre on the bench, to then turn around and face my best friend, Oliver Wood. He was quickly followed by my two partners-in-crime, Fred and George Weasley.

"Hey Ollie, Weasley Twins," I greeted them as I also nodded in response.

"Hey Savy-Pie! What are you staring into space at?" Fred asked me, as he sat down on my left side, while Oliver sat down on my right. George had sat down across from me.

"I'm looking at Christian. He keeps staring at Eleanor, Ollie. It's almost like he's still in love with her," I whispered, as I continued to watch my brother's movements and actions towards the Gryffindor Prefect. I felt Oliver lean closer to my ear. I shivered as he practically breathed down my neck.

"He is," he whispered in my ear. I felt my head snap towards his, with what I was sure was a look of complete and utter disbelief.

"Are you serious?" I asked, as I looked to my older brother, who practically had girls hanging off every part of his body.

"I'm absolutely sure of it! I overheard them talking the other day. He told her that the Hufflepuff girl that Eleanor caught him kissing had slipped a love potion into his drink and that he was under the influence of the potion. I don't know if she believed him though." Oliver's Scottish accent was enough to make any girl swoon. This is a proven fact. But when he's whispering into your ear, with said accent and about two inches away from your face, it's an acceptable feat to want to melt into a gooey puddle and scream like a fan-girl.

"You can't be serious," I replied, as I spared a look at Oliver. His face showed no signs of funny pranks or lies. He was completely and utterly serious.

"But why would Christian wait so long to tell Eleanor?" Fred asked, as he spared a glance at the Gryffindor Prefect. Eleanor was the epitome of graceful, brave and courageous. She sat with her other fifth year friends, on the top of the table in the middle of the Gryffindor House table, laughing and eating small pieces of fruits and crackers. Her laugh was that of a musical note, one that could be confused as a siren's call. She tossed her head back as she laughed along with her friends, and it was amazing that she didn't have any more suitors than Christian. Her long red hair was enough to make any guy follow.

I heard the protests from Fred, George and Oliver as I walked over to the group of older Gryffindor's, before I even knew what I was doing. As I got closer and closer to them, I realised that what I was about to do would probably make or break my future as a respected Gryffindor.

"Ellie?" I asked, as I reached the older girl. She stopped talking to her friends and looked at me with a smile.

"Hi Sav! What can I do for you sweetie?" She asked as she turned her body to face me, to give me all of her undivided attention.

"Do you still love Christian?" I asked her, with only seriousness in my voice. Every single one of her friends looked shocked at my question.

"What?" Eleanor asked in complete and utter disbelief.