Chapter One - Sav, Just Sav

Savannah Chambers, or Sav as her friends liked to call her was a typical Gryffindor student. She was courageous, but feared for her friends. She was brave, yet she was scared of losing someone she cared about. She was honest, but she had to lie once to get out of trouble for when she was caught eating the cookies her mother had just finished baking when she was six. She was the outside Chaser for the Gryffindor Quidditch team, and she was on her way to being selected by a professional team. The one thing standing in her way? Oliver Wood.

Now, Sav had always admired Oliver. If it wasn’t for his good looks, then it was for his Quidditch Skills. If it wasn’t for his Quidditch skills, then it was for his skills as a wizard. If it wasn’t for his skills as a wizard, it would be for his good looks. So on, so forth, you know how it goes. But maybe to make it a little bit easier for you, we should take it back to the start.

June 02, 1989 – SAV’S P.O.V

I looked at the letter that was lying on the bench with all the other mail my brother had thrown carelessly to the side. It was addressed to me, but I was utterly, and completely confused. I never got mail.

Miss S. Chambers

16 Elizabeth Drive

Delvordo

Kensington

I flipped over the seal to see something very strange. It looked like a H, inside some type of badge, but it was divided up into four quarters. One had a bird of sorts, maybe an eagle, or a raven. Another had a badger, beaver or an otter? I wasn’t sure. Another had a snake. The last one stood out to me the most though. A lion standing on its hind legs, as it roared into the background. But what was all this about? I had no clue. I opened the letter carefully with shaking hands.

Dear Miss Savannah Chambers,

It is with great delight that I inform you of your acceptance to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We look forward to welcoming you to our school at the beginning of term (1st of September), and watching you achieve great things. We await your owl with your response no later than the 31st of July.

Yours expectantly,

Minerva McGonagall

(Deputy Headmistress)

Ummm… What? I was a witch? I placed the letter down on the table, and sat down on the barstool next to the kitchen counter. I took a deep breathe, and placed my head in my hands. No, there could be no way that I was a witch. Magic wasn’t real, magic didn’t exist. There was no such thing as “Hogwarts” and this was all a practical joke for pranking Christian the other day. There was absolutely, absolutely… My thoughts trailed off as I saw my mother’s most cherished china vase hover off the ground. I blinked once, expecting it to go back to sitting on the coffee table, but it didn’t. I blinked again, but opened my eyes again when I heard an incredibly loud smash. There, lying on the floor was my mother’s vase. She was going to kill me.

I heard the garage door close, which meant my parents were home. I spun the stool around to the doorway which led into the hallway connecting to the garage, and felt a worried and scared look come onto my face. My parents came in smiling and laughing like they always did, and immediately knew something was wrong. My mother looked to the broken shards of her vase lying on the ground, and I braced myself for the lecture I was sure to be getting. But nope. Quite the opposite actually.

“Savannah?” My mother asked gently. “What is it?” I said nothing, but I spun around and grabbed the Hogwarts letter, spun back around, and practically shoved it in her face.