The hospital: part I

Sodapops POV

"No please sir you don't understand, I'm in love with her!" I yelled loudly at the doctor who was rushing through the restricted hospital doors.

"No. I've said no. If you want me to save her life I need you to let go of me now" the doctor instructed and ripped his arm out of my grasp.

"Please..." I whispered as a huddle of impatient nurses and doctors ran through the guarded doors into my beautiful kali Iris's room.
The doors swung open and shut as I heard fast beeping and words I never wanted to hear... "we're losing her"

I couldn't bare to look up at anyone. The gang was all sitting in the lobby but I just needed to be alone right now.

Flashed kept jerking through my head of kali. Like the time our mothers made us kiss for the first grade play. Or that time in the fourth grade when her mom came home drunk so my mom let her stay the night, in my room. Every time I close my eyes flashes of her smile and eyes pop up. But those aren't even her real ones. The past four years have been fake smiles and facial expressions. I just want the real her back. Kali was the one that helped me get over Sandy and my parents actually. A few days after their funeral we went to my parents favorite ice cream parlor, it hurt being there but Kali said these exact words: "I know this is very difficult sodapoppy, but this can be our place now" then she took my hand and squeezed it and we shared a cup. Little did I know she was depressed then. How did she get so good at hiding it.

"Sir, sir. Excuse me but you're blocking a door I need to get through." A nurse said ever so politely.

"Oh I'm sorry ma'am." I sniffled and stood up.

"Oh it's no problem at all darling, why don't you just go sit in the waiting room for awhile, the chairs might not be very comfy but it's better than the floor" she smiled. I decided I am going to figure out when people are using fake smiles now. Then maybe I won't be so clueless.

I met the gang in the waiting room. They all stood up thinking I had good news, but I don't have any. Actually I have worse news for them.

"How you holding up little Buddy?" Darry stood up and hugged me. I shook my head not wanting to talk. Then pony came up and instantly all three of us began to cry.

"Is she gonna be alright?" Pony asked ever so softly.

I shook my head again. "no I dont think so pony, it doesn't seem like it."

Steve came up next and told me everything he knew about Kali. I hurts me too much to know what pain she went through for all these years.

"Why didn't she just ask for help?" Johnny asked the whole gang. We all shrugged.
"Well, it's just not an easy subject to touch on." Darry said to all of us.

"She's a very emotional girl and has been for four years now."dally said. Even on the outside Dallas Winston looked upset.

"You know their was one night kali came crying to my place. I let her in and had a cigarette or two and possibly a drink with her and she poured out everything to me. The next day she told me if I told a soul what I said she would do something to me. she never said what but she threatened me." Dallas smiled a little. I had wide eyes. "I was too hungover and the night earlier too drunk to even remember a word she said. I just remember her saying something like one day I'll be gone and no one will notice and that she loved you" Dallas smirked at me.

"How long ago was this?" I sat up straight in my chair.
"Oh about three maybe four years ago" he slouched in his chair.

"Oh god, I put her through torture, with all the girls I've brought home and all the flirting. She's the one I first told about marrying Sandy! This is my fault. All of this with kali and the tension in the gang is all my fault." I began to cry once more.
"Don't you dare say that! None of us have really, truest been there for her." Darry stood up and raised his voice. I was about to say something when the doctor came out with a bloody glove and a mask. "Curtis?" We all stood up.
"Follow me" he instructed.....

End of the first chapter!!!