Chapter 16: don't

Kali's pov
--//--

Well I'm a blimp, it's official.
I'm five months pregnant.
Soda and Steve and dally .... well everyone is stressing out about me taking it easy. I've been taking more and more shifts at the ice cream parlor.

Man oh man is this city critical. People won't allow me to serve them because I'm not married and pregnant. Sure, it's not the best example. But I'm in love. So that means the less people I serve the less I get paid. It's really not fair.

Two days later

I'm at the parlor now, shoveling mounds of salted Carmel into my frowning tummy in the break room.
"Kali lets go. Breaks over" my angry boss screamed from the doorway.

"Got it boss." I used so energy and got up with a grunt. Grabbing my apron as I exited stretching my arms around my back trying to tie it, struggling.
"Hey miss, can we help you with that?" A smiling middle aged couple stood up from their booth.
"Oh my gosh, yes please. That would mean so much to me" I blushed.

They tied me up and patted my back.
"Thank you so much" I smiled. I saw their eyes stare at my stomach
"Yep I'm 5 moths along, almost 6" I smiled brightly. Then I saw their eyes go to my finger. No ring.

The woman started to tear up a little.
"Oh you young kids, babies having babies frank" she frowned and walked away.
"I'm frank and that is Jane. We've been trying for 9 years now."
I looked down at my feet.
"Oh I'm so sorry, I drug through my pouch on my apron and pulled out a pen and pad and wrote my info on it.
"Listen, if you ever need any baby time give me a call. Me and my boyfriend would love for you to get to know the little guy." He smiled bright and rubbed his half bald head.
"We would love that" he brought his wife back over and she smiled.
"We would really appreciate that. So it's a boy?" Mary smiled her eyes got wide.
"Actually I'm waiting for it to come. We want it to be a surprise"
"KALI GET OVER HERE" My boss yelled from the back.
"By the way my name is Kali Iris." I said quickly than ran back to the back room.

"I need you to life that 3 gallon, I hurt my back last night." He pointed to the top of the freezer.
"I'm sorry sir but I'm almost six months pregnant I shouldn't be lifting that." I began to turn then he grabbed my ponytail.
"Get it or get fired."
Well I needed this job but I don't need to hurt myself.
Then the door rang.
"Should I go wait on them?"
"Well yes" he shooed me off.
I placed my hands on my back and made my way to the front desk. I saw that sparkle and then the glimpse of the shiny teeth
"Soda!" I ran and jumped into his arms.
"Whoa down girl" he kissed my forehead.
"What can I get for you?" I blushed a little.
"A clean bill of health. Why are you still working? You need rest"
I tapped my foot, "I'm okay. Just follow me"
He did so, "boss, I found someone to get that three gallon for you"
"I would rather see you get it Kali" I shielded soda. I could tell he was getting mad.
"You wanted her to get it! Are you out of your mind??" Soda shouted.
Soda stood on the chair and got it simply.
"That's not what I wanted" he yelled and grabbed my shoulders.
"Let go of her!" Soda grabbed him and punched him in the jaw.
My boss backed up and held it.
"Get out Kali, you're fired." He pointed to the door.
"Let's go Kali, we don't need this" soda picked me up and carried me bridal style. The couple waved to me. I smiled back.

It was pretty dark outside. I was tired, I had been working all day, around a 12 hour shift. I rested my head on his shoulder and drifted off.

I awoke to a candle lite picnic in the lot. I rubbed my eyes and yawned.
"Soda what is this?"
"A night to remember" he leaned in and kissed me them fiddled with his pocket....

A/n
Well I'm officially the worst. This draft was from August. I suck. I'm sorry guys you all deserve better than this. Sophomore year has just been a handful. I'm not proving any more updates but this fanfic along with all of my others will be coming to an end soon. I'm just not as in love with the outsiders as I used to be because I'm not the same person I was 2 years ago. Anyways I will try to finish this story and all the other ones soon.