Chapter 7: my baby

Sodapops pov

(please read my a/n at the end. Thank you)

"You know the amount of gas is going up." Steve said and zipped up his pants.
"Oh really buddy? I didn't know I figured working at a gas station might give me a little hint" I said sarcastically and smiled.
"Whatever man." Steve slapped my shoulder
Then johnny and pony ran in.
"Go. Help. Kali. Bob has her. He won't let go" pony stammered. Steve and I ran out. Some of bobs group was surrounding the mess.
"Hey you let go of her!" I screamed and ran over.
"Not today bud" randy blocked my path. I brought back my fist and hit him right in he jaw. He fell back and looked pissed.
"Hey! Get away from my best Friend" I heard Twobit yell. Darry and dally were right behind.

I could see her arms flailing everywhere and snickers of the socs.

"God Bob you'll kill her! Let go!" Cherry shrieked. She was in tears.
Everything was happening so fast.

"No this will teach those boys not to wave at you. You're mine Sherri Valance. I don't need those greasers all up on you. Now this will show em" Bob replied and lifted Kali above all everyone.
I couldn't see her very well. All I could see was her beautiful eyes, they were shut. I began to shove people out of the way. Dally showed up behind me for help along with everyone else.

A full out rumble began and Bob dropped Kali to the floor.

"You bastard" I yelled and attacked him. He punched me off and I was laying next to an unconscious Kali. It scared me. I hopped up and with all the energy and anger inside of me and whacked Bob across the face making him fall to the ground, he didn't get back up. "Get out of here you hoods before I call the cops." The manager yelled and the once packed dingo began to all head out the door in one giant blob. I was under a table. Kali was being trampled and their was nothing I could do about it.
"No stop. I need to get my girl. Everyone please" I pleaded and crawled out from under the table hoping to get to Kali to shield her but I as i uncovered myself some big guy tripped and landed right on top of me causing me to pass out from the impact and my head hitting the ground.

~~~

I woke up to a beeping, I was hoping it would be mine and not Kali's. Unfortunately it was hers.
She's was all bruised up, she had scratches along her arms and legs and face. A big, black and blue bruise was formed on her neck, probably from Bob squeezing the life out of her.

I was beyond mad at Bob. How would he like it if someone did that to cherry?! He probably wouldn't enjoy it too much.

Her heart monitor was unsteady which scared the shit out of me.

I took her hand and gave it a squeezed. I felt the pressure back moments later and looked up into her eyes with my welling ones.

"Kali I'm so sorry, how could I let this happen to you?!" I tried not to cry.

"Soda..." she used more strength to keep talking. "You're okay. I promise you, if I could just be more tough like you boys than I could have fought back." She whined into my shoulder.

"Doll, you don't want to be like us. We are hoods. You, you have so much to live for, you are a true beauty. I can't get over that you are still my girlfriend." I relied and stroked her hair
"You?! I'm lucky enough to call you mine." She mumbled into my shirt.

We sat there for a few more minutes. As much as I didn't want to, i released. My back was killing me. Oh I sound like Darry!

"What the matter?" She asked.
"Oh nothing. Just a little sore from yesterday. Oh why am I saying this to you I mean look at you! You're much more beat up than me." I laughed slightly and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Sodapop, we've been over this. An injury is an injury no matter the size. Remember you told me that after.. you know" she didn't want finish her sentence. Which makes sense. But she's right. I taught that to her.

Without another word she scooted over and made space on the bad for me. I shook my head. "No darling I don't want to crowd you." She did the same as me and shook her head and lifted the blankets for me. I couldn't resist. I came and laid next to her.

After s few hours later, we just talked. Then Darry slowly opened the door.

"Oh Kali! I'm so glad you're okay!" Darry approached her and kissed her forehead. Then the next 5 did the same.

"We chatted for awhile trying to pretend nothing happened.

Then Kali cleared her throat. She does that when she needs to say something.

"Guys, will you um tell me about the night" she kept her head on my shoulder.

"What night sweetie? There's been quite a few" Twobit joked, but no one else was laughing.

"The night I tried to kill myself" she whispered. Suddenly everything got tense.

A/n PLEASE READ

Okay so I kind of have an idea for this story but the next chapter will be a flash back of that night!! I was thinking the gang teaches her self defense another chapter and maybe soda and Kali go to the next step in their relationship if you know what I mean!(; but I know people out there like this story so if you have any suggestions dm me please I really want to make this story in a direction you guys are going to like! I know sometimes when I'm reading a fanfic I hope it goes in a certain direction but i doesn't and then I just get disappointed. So if you're guys do have anything at all dm me please!!!