My Experiences As a Leader

I have never been a leader. The blood running through my veins are the blood of a good follower. So, I have not experienced real leadership act ever since. However, if I could reiterate the past, I could say that I have been a good leader before.

It was when I was elected as over-all president of the school campus organization—"Kapisanan ng mga Mag-aaral sa Filipno" or KaMaFil. I was then a fourth year high school.

I lead the group. I was also challenged by my position.

One thing that proved that I have been a (good) leader is that I have organized a commendable celebration of "Linggo ng Wika". I have created a wonderful program where everyone participated.

Until now, that experience led me to another milestone. It was when I was chosen to be a Filipino Coordinator of our school, three years ago. Since, 'coordinatorship' is similar to leadership, I am, once again challenged by the responsibility. For the third times, I successfully held three celebrations of 'Buwan ng Wika' with a twist and with parents, pupils and teachers' participation and support.

Another leadership I can exemplify is my position in our school as School Paper Adviser. This responsibility measures my  leadership as adviser, where I have to gather the journalists or writers and lead them to an environment where they can write. Inspiring and teaching them how to write articles is the hardest part, a leader practices.

Aside from these, handling an advisory class is also the best example of leadership. I can proudly say that I'm a good leader because I have maintained a well-disciplined classroom, even though I am an adviser of Section 2. My classroom proves how I rule them.

These leadership experiences were also inspired and highlighted by my failures in assuming presidential and senatorial positions in the student council during my college days. I failed to be a leader many times, but I never failed to follow.

Besides, leadership is not always having a position, but it is acquiring and using the power correctly to lead people to a good perspective.