Part 19:

Cortez

I sipped some more of my drink, as I looked at the pitch dark haven't gone outside for a week. Joy's dead. my fiancé, somebody killed her like she was nothing she laid there dead for I don't even know how long. alone. I got up and picked up a picture of me and her and tears started to fill my eyes, I was tired of being sad I hated this shit. I grabbed the bottle and through it across the room as hard as I could it shattered and went every where. I angrily took every picture we had anywhere and began throwing them on the ground stomping on them, I went downstairs and started breaking everything I didn't even care at this point what was the point? the house was broken anyways. If she would have just listened to me I could have protected her she would still be here I snatched my band off my finger and threw it, I wanted to set this whole house on fire to many memories and I couldn't take it I walked to the pantry and grabbed the bottle of the lighter fluid and just began pouring it all around the house. I heard footsteps so I brought my gun out pointing it in front of me.

"Tez?" Nicole asked. I sucked my teeth in and threw the bottle somewhere. "what are you doing?" she asked.

"Nicky whatchu doin hea?"

"Pryce told me to check on you, nobody have seen or heard from you? we were worried." she said as she stepped over glass carefully.

"I'm good, get out." I said.

"your not though." she said.

"Nicole this ain't ya business." I said.

"I'm sorry about Joy." she replied walking closer to me.

"don't say her name."

"she was very beautiful and sweet." she said as she walked right in front of the gun I was pointing it right at her head and all I could think about is pulling the trigger killing someone prolly would make all the pain go away. "you wanna pull the trigger don't you?" She asked.

"what are you doing?" I asked while closing my eyes.

"your angry, hurt, confused, and it's okay, I promise it's okay not to be okay cortez." she said which made me more mad because she don't know she don't got no clue what the fuck I'm going through nobody do.

"bitch you don't know what the fuck going on I advise you to get yo ass back to Birmingham before I send you back with a fucking bullet to the head." I said out anger.

"then do it." she said.

"go Nicole." I said through clenched teeth.

"let it out Cortez shoot me-

without thinking I pulled the trigger but nothing came out, a rush of relief went through my body and I fell to my knees, and Nicole joined me and hugged me.

"it's okay not to be okay tez." she said.

"why does it hurt so bad?" I asked.

"it'll get better okay." she said as she continued to comfort me.

                                           ***

Pryce

" kitchen, to the right, your room upstairs first one on the left." I said as I showed Noel around my house, jo wanted Noel to be somewhere safe with tight security.

"thank you." Noel said as she pushed her book bag up on her shoulder.

"you need to get any more of you-

"this is all I have thanks for the offer." she quickly said.

"okay." I said.

"are you going back to the hospital?" She asked me.