4 days until the wedding

Josephine's pov

I threw the lock out the window as I drove to the trap lucas was working at before I was on the way there I stopped by the house and changed the locks and put all of Lucas's shit out, I was going to personally give him his ring back after I punch him in his throat I put my signal on and turned into the place and there were a few cars scattered a long with two men discretely alerted when I got out the car I watched there movements and one hand was already on his waist letting me know that he was armed.

"Good evening men." I said shyly .

"What are you doing here Josephine." The other man said raising a eyebrow of course Lucas let at least one of them know who I was.

"I need a word with my fiancé if you must know." I shrug.

"Okay I'll call him." He said as he brought his phone out.

"No." Stammered and he looked at me confusedly. "It's surprise I mean he doesn't know I'm coming clearly." I shrug and he nods understanding .

"Yes ma'am I'll escort you inside ." He offers and I nod thankfully he tells the other one to keep watch and walks me inside and downstairs and I smell the stench of the different drugs and I roll my eyes.

"He's in the back room Josephine." He says and I nod.

"Thank you ." I say appreciative a few men look at me gawking and others don't make eye contact with me I assume they know who I am and who Lucas is I walk to the back room and walk in without knocking I don't need to and Lucas sits on his couch counting money and looks up and puts a rubber band around it and gets up.

"Baby whatchu doing here ?" He asks .

"Missed you." I say lying it made my stomach turn because I knew how disgusting lucas was at the moment and smiled and stood up and walked up to me getting ready to hug me but I interrupt with me punching him right in the face and he wince and I do it again and again until he has no choice but to grab my hands and throw me on the couch as anger fills his eyes .

"What the fuck is yo problem jo!" He yells angrily.

"Who the fuck is amari." I say calmly.

"Amari?" He asks confused.

"I don't know no fucking amari ." He says while mugging .

"Get off me." I say and push him and take off the ring .

"Josephine whatchu doing?" He asked as he watching me throw the ring across the room .

"You. this whole thing is bullshit you asking me to marry you but not ready to give up your hoe life I waited eighteen years lucas EIGHTEEN and you go fuck another bitch who doesn't even compare to me you asshole!" I yell .

"I'm not cheating on you what the fuck are you talking about!" He yells back.

"Amari came to my job and bragged on how you two have been having sex since you got of jail lucas! She had pictures of you two and everything together." I said as tears filled my eyes and he stayed quiet for a moment and I sat down on the couch and wiped my eyes. "We're supposed to be leaving for paris in less than six hours." I said barely over a whisper and he sighed and sat next to me.

"Jo look at me." He said grabbing my chin making him face me.

"I'm not cheating on you I haven't touched another female since I got out not even Jade or Gigi I've beeen waiting for you okay." He said seriously and I shook my head but his grip was firm not letting me look away from him . "This girl amari your talking about is mentally ill I met her in jail she was visiting her brother or cousin or sum shit and we kept in touch I made her a lot of promises I shouldn't have made i'm sorry.. Yesterday she came here furious because she found out i'm engaged and said she would do everything in her power to destroy it but I didn't let it bother me because I knew you wouldn't believe her." he said as I listened to his words carefully .

"How could I not you've put so many people before me Gigi?" I croaked .

"I never put her before you I only married her to keep you safe whether you ended up hating me or not I would always keep you safe no matter what." he said and let go off me chin but I still looked at him.

"I'm sorry." I cried as I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed and he rubbed my back and held me tightly and shushed me.

"It's okay baby, I know I  put you through a lot but all of that is over now I want to be with you for the rest of my life and the life after okay?" He assured me and I let go off him and nodded and he wiped my tears. "Stop crying I hate seeing you cry." he mumbled as he wiped my tears .

"My ring." I said as I stood up and looked around.

"I'll buy you a new one in Paris it's straight." he shrugged .

"But-

"Ralph will drive you home, i have a few things to take care off before we fly out tomorrow go get some rest." He says and kisses my lips and I sigh and hug him tightly again and he chuckled lightly and rubs my back. "I love you Jo," He whispers.

"I love you too Lucas."

                                        ***

The next morning I got up earlier than everyone to call and check in with Maunie and make sure I have everything that's needed , I zipped my last suitcase up as I heard walking down the stairs.

"Ma I gotta put my tux in a suitcase too?" Bubba asked holding up the tux in the velvet bag.

"Kingston why would you put that expensive suit in your suitcase?" I asked.

"He's slow give him time Jo." Honor teases as she put her hand on her hip and I laugh and he rolls his eyes and Lucas comes downstairs.

"Wassup baby girl." Lucas says as he kisses honor on the side of her head.

"Hey Lucas." Honor replies with a happy smile.

"you've been up all morning Maunie got everything set?" Lucas asks as he pecks my lips a few moments .

"Yep she got us a private jet." I said excitedly.

"lord." Lucas says shaking his head and the kids laugh .

"that's why I ain't getting no girlfriend no time soon." Kingston says.

"You'll change your mind son." Lucas says knowingly.

"hell nah seems like all they like to do is spend yo money and give you a headache ." He says while shaking his head.

"When the right woman comes along that will be your favorite thing about her." Lucas winks at him and I hit him in his stomach.

"My baby does not need a girl friend ." I say waving them off.

"oh here she go." Lesi says while shaking her head.

"What? He don't." I mug.

"This why he a mama boy now." Lucas says while shaking his head and honor agrees and my phone goes off and it's a reminder about our plane.

"I would love to argue with y'all some more but we got a plane to catch okay." I said and Lucas began grabbing our bags and taking them to the car I sat in the passenger seat as Lucas got everything situated and I looked out the window at our home, I have a feeling someone won't be coming back home and I haven't prepared myself for that yet, Lucas puts his hand on my hand and kisses each finger.

"you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah just excited." I said with a small smile.