Part 16:

Jo

I unlocked the door and walked inside my parents house.

"Lucas!" I yelled as I rubbed my stomach I was starting to catch sharp pains I've never felt before.

"Josephine maybe you should sit I'll get the boys." Hailey said as she pulled out a chair and helped me sit down.

"Thank you." I said and she walked upstairs I sat there waiting and the pains started to get worse and and worse. "Hailey! there's something wrong!" I yelled as I clutched my stomach. Lucas my sister and the boys quickly walked downstairs.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked as he gently touched my face.

"Lucas something's wrong with the baby." I winced.

"What's wrong?" Pryce asked.

"I dunno but Joy's missing did she come back here?" I asked as I tried to get comfortable.

"nah we'll worry about her later let's get you to the hospital." Lucas said while picking me up.

"I'll get the car." Hailey said as she fast walked in front of us but right when she walked to the door it automatically locked by it's self.

"Lucas what's going on?" I asked as I looked around.

"shit." He mumbled.

"we gotta go." Pryce said while nudging Lucas.

"Hailey is there another way out?" Lucas asked while turning around but she was gone.

"It's a trap." Tez said.

"What's going on." I said while looking at Lucas.

"your parents, there plotting to kill us." Lucas said.My chest tightened and I started to relive jaylens death all over again.

"Lucas look at me get outta here." I said while grabbing his face.

"We not leaving you." Pryce said.

"You have too i will be fine they won't hurt me but they will kill you please just go." I said while wincing.

"Josephine I'm not leaving you or my son you need to go to the hospital." Lucas said again.

"Ah!" I said while grunting.

"Pryce find another way out." Lucas said. Pryce nodded and started to walk off but the lights cut off I held onto Lucas tighter and we heard a gun shot and Pryce scream.

"Pryce!" I yelled as I tried to get out of Lucas's arms but he wouldn't let go of me. The lights cut back on and Pryce was laying on the ground while my mom sister and dad stood over him.

"Lucas let go of me!" I yelled as I began hitting him.

"I knew jo shouldn't have trusted yo sneaky ass." Cortez mugged.

"Jo-

"Shut up Hailey." My dad said.

"let her speak what can you possibly have to say? You tricked me into actually believing the sister bull shit!" I yelled.

"I didn't trick you I promise Jo! I don't-

"god damn it if I say shut up one more time!" My dad yelled causing my mom and Hailey to jump.

"So what it do old man? what you gon kill me in front of ya daughter?" Lucas asked.

"who said we gon kill you?" My mom asked.

"Pryce!" I yelled.

"I'm good it's just a graze." He said as he sat up but my dad grabbed his shoulder and put a gun up to his head.

""the fuck you want from us shit get to the point?" Cortez said annoyed.

"Josephine you know the family business?" My dad asked.

"If you mean your dirty money then yes." I said.

"child what do you think Lucas money is?" My mom said.

"My father your grandfather passed the business down to me in the will he said I will run the business until you have your first born then you will inherit everything. " he said.

"okay? What does this have to do with anything?" I asked.

"you see I can't let that happen Josephine." My dad said while walking up to us Lucas stepped in front of me blocking my father.

"get him." My dad said to my mama she nodded and went out the door.

"if you think ima let you touch my son or jo you outta yo damn mind." Lucas said.

"already touched her, jo you feeling light headed? having a lot of stomach pains?" He asked while looking around Lucas. I rubbed my stomach and started to think of everything I ate these pass couple days.

"Cream of chicken." I whispered.

"huh?" Lucas asked.

"They put something in my food." I said. Lucas grabbed my dad by his shirt lifting him in the air.

"what did you do!" He yelled and my dad just laughed.

"Josephine." Jaylen said in a raspy voice.

"jay?" I asked while looking at my Hailey hood a gun up to his head.

"Jo get out of here." he said while trying to keep his eyes open Lucas threw my dad to the ground and pulled his gun out and pointed it at him.

"let Jaylen go." Cortez said while pointing a gun at my mama.

"Let's make this interesting," she said while pointing a gun at me, everyone was pointing a gun at each other waiting for a signal.

"y'all don't gotta do this let us go and I'll consider forgetting about all this." Lucas said.

"I can do this all day." my mama shrugged. I looked at Hailey and saw her whispering in Jaylen's ear, Jaylen looked at me and nodded.

"it's okay she's okay." he mouthed me. I looked at Hailey and she did a small smile and cocked her gun back and Jaylen got up and tripped my mama causing her gun to go off and that caused Cortez to shoot my dad Lucas grabbed me and covered my body as best as he could but I felt a couple gun shots go into his body causing me to scream as he bled out of his mouth.

***

"Josephine Wallace we graduated together, she's five months pregnant." A doctor said as I fluttered my eyes open.

"Lucas." I whispered as I looked around.

"jo it's me your gonna be okay." A doctor said I could recognize who it was because I kept going in and out.

"my baby what about my baby?" I asked.

"Josephine were going to try our best to save you." they said, and tears filled my eyes as I looked around I was being rolled down a hallway then I saw Lucas with tubes all in him in a surgery room.

"no! get off me." I said as I tried to take the needle out of my arm.

"Josephine calm down." A nurse said. I just kept replaying everything that had happened Lucas needed me I tried to get up but nurses held my arms down and injected me with something making me go into a deep sleep.

***

I'm backkkk.😽 y'all I missed drunk in love low key! I finally finished soul ties and Now my main focus is on drunk in love.💗 how y'all feeling about everything? what do you think happened to Jo's baby? Is Jaylen still alive? what happened to Lucas? Make sure y'all comment and vote! 👌🏾