Part 9

Dee walked into the Chamber of Secrets with a small smile on his face. As soon as he went in he was greeted by the wonderful smell of his Broom Polish, one of the only things in life that made him happy was Quidditch. The Chamber had been enchanted to smell whatever brought that person joy, so for every person, it smelled different, but to everyone, the Chamber looked the same. As soon as you walked in the statue of Salazar Slytherin had been magically moved some, and now there were four statues, one of Helga Hufflepuff, one of Rowena Ravenclaw, and the other of Godric Gryffindor. Each of them enchanted to, that if you tickled their middle toe, teleport you to your common room, (or whatever common room, whose toe you tickled. Once a Hufflepuff tickled Rowena's toe, and appeared in their common room to scare their friend.) without anyone noticing you were gone in the first place. The wall behind them was painted the rainbow, (in dullish color, some students complained that it was too bright.), and on the left and right walls there were living picture frames, (some came from Dumbledore's office, to help maintain the Chamber's), moving paintings that the students had painted, and all sorts of colors. In one corner of the room there were about 5 or so tents, each of them with a living space that a few house elves lived in; in another corner was a few tables of food (that the house elves and students worked together to make); and all around the entire chamber were different areas, each with specific enchantments, and spells, and supplies. On the wall next to the pictures was a small fireplace, with beanbags around it.

This was Dee's favorite place in the whole castle.

"Heya Dee!" One of the students, Slylar Addams, a Slytherin, who had already graduated and was working with the house-elves for most of her living (she occasionally worked down at Hogsmeade when she knew that the house-elves could take care of the food for a week or so), said cheerfully as they poked their head out from one of the tents. 

"Hey, Skylar," Dee said with a smile, walking over to the table of food and plopping a grape in his mouth. 

"Oh, no!" Skylar said as he did so, "You shouldn't have done that.."

Dee frowned and swallowed the grape, "Why?" 

And as an answer to his question, he swelled up, like a balloon, and turned bright purple. 

Skylar burst into laughter, "I-I enchanted them for the Weasely twins!" She cackled, "We're having a prank war!" 

Dee waddled towards her, well, the best he could, it was hard trying to get around like a grape. 

He fell on his side with a grunt, and Skylar laughed harder. 

"Change me back!" Dee grunted. 

"Okay, okay, fine!" Skylar smiled, trying not to laugh as much anymore and went into one of the tents to grab her wand. 

"Hey! Who took my wand!" Dee heard Skylar say from inside the tent, "Remy! It better not have been you again, you know you can do magic without my wand you know! You have your own!" 

There was silence for a few moments and then Skylar came out brushing flour off their apron. 

"Matare normalis ad," Skylar said pointing her wand at him. 

He returned to normal with a sigh, "Thanks." 

"No problemo Askling," She said using Dee's last name.

"Did I hear that Remy's in there?" 

"Remy Rockson, your roommate, yuppers, helping cook today just like you. You are here to help cook again, right?" 

"Yeah," Dee said, "Dumbledore said I could have a day off every month to help cook, so I picked today." 

"Sweet, you and Remy both," She grinned, "Well, best get to work little house elf, come on!" 

---

"May I ask why you are taking Muggle Studies?" Patton snapped back into reality as someone, he recognized as Logan Longbottom spoke to him. 

"You aren't a pureblood, so don't you know all of this already?" Logan asked. 

"Oh, yeah, but I'm just takin' the class for the kicks of it," Patton smiled, "I'm wondering what they teach in the class."

"Fair enough," Logan said.

"Attention class," Professor Burbage said, "Some of you are new to this class so today I will be reviewing what we have learned these past couple years in this class." 

"In your first years, we learned about the importance of electricity, how it works, and why Muggles can barely function without it. We studied how often Muggles use electricity, and that because they have made a reliance on it that without it their performance hinders. Thankfully, in Hogwarts, we use no electricity. So, there will be no power outages." 

A student's hand went up. 

"Yes?" The Professor asked. 

"What's a power outage again?" The student, a Slytherin, asked. 

"It is when the electricity in a certain area goes out and stops working." 

Patton frowned as she continued explaining what they learned. Did Purebloods and Halfblood really not know anything about Muggles? 

Wow, Patton thought, Muggles live really different than wizards and witches... 

"Alright, class get your quills out and start taking notes. I forgot to tell you that at the beginning of class, my apologies."

Patton smirked to himself, and instead of grabbing his quill, took a pen out of his pocket in his robes where he kept his wand. 

He clicked it. 

He got several stares, including Logan's who asked, "What is that?"

Patton stifled a laugh, "It's a pen. It's what Muggles use to write." 

"We learned about those in first year!" A student across the class exclaimed, "Can I try?" 

"No, can I try?" 

"What about me?" 

"I want to try after them!" 

Patton smiled and handed the pen to Logan to try out as the Professor tried to get ahold of her class and settle them down. 

"Fascinating," Logan muttered, studying it for a moment, and then writing his name on his parchment, with it. 

"My turn!" Some other student snatched the pen from him. 

This continued until near the end of class, the students asking questions the entire period, and the Professor looked Patton in the eye, "I don't believe you are ever going to get that pen back, Mr. Axelle." 

Patton smiled widely, "I know."