Part 6

Logan had heard, right before Potions that the someone that was supposed to be playing a prank on Roman had backed out, and was immediately disappointed. He had been looking forward for that.

He ended up partnered with an advanced Hufflepuff, which he worked surprisingly well with. 

"Hi," She said, "My name's Inky!" 

"Logan Sanders," Logan said, "Aren't you a first-year?" 

"Yeah, but I've been studying Potions since I was, like, three so I got special privileges to join this class." She said excitedly, taking out her textbook. 

"You skipped all your Potions classes?" Logan asked, trying to cover up the fact that he was quite stunned by this. 

"Well, technically I skipped the classes," She said, "But my father's been paying Professor Snape for years to give me advanced tutoring. I took all the Potions exams and passed them all, so here I am!"

"That's exceptional," Logan said, "But how could you survive all that time with Snape?" 

"Oh, he's not that bad when he likes you," Inky said. 

"He can like people?" Logan said, starting their potion. 

"Yeah, once you show you aren't a nuisance most of the time, and he doesn't have other students to maintain his rep around." 

"Huh," Logan said. 

When class was over Logan saw that Roman had been partnered up with his brother. Great, he thought, Roman's never gonna shut up about that.

"Logannnnnnnnn," Roman spotted him in the crowd and started making his way towards Logan. Great.

"Logan!" Roman exclaimed once he got to him, "Did you see who I was partnered up with?!" 

Logan sighed, "My brother, I know." 

"I know! I can't believe I got stuck with the annoying, sweet, handsome-" Logan looked at him. 

"I should probably wait to rant about a Hufflepuff until we get to our dorms," Roman muttered. 

"Yes, you're reputation, and me, both prefer that," Logan said, "Let's just go to our next class." 

"Yeah, you're right. What is it again?" 

A Gryffindor I recognized as Remus, Roman's brother, and the Hogwarts mischief-maker next to the Weasley twins, ran into me wearing a giant Lion head on his own. 

Another Gryffindor, one he didn't recognize quickly caught up to Remus and apologized for him bumping into Logan. 

"No apology needed," Logan said, even though the Gryfindor had already gone. He turned to Roman, "Transfiguration." 

"Oh, okay. With the Ravenclaws right?" 

"Yes." 

"Great, that means we can hang with Remy." 

They got to the classroom and sat in their regular seats, Remy's empty seat beside them. 

Class started only a few minutes later and Remy still wasn't there.

"Where is he?" Roman whispered to Logan when he thought McGonagol wasn't listening.

"Do you have something you would like to share with the class, Mr. Gale?"

Roman froze, caught by surprise and then regained his composure saying, "Just wondering where Remy is, Professor." 

Professor McGonagall's eyes flickered over to Remy's empty seat and then another empty seat that Roman didn't notice was empty. 

"I do not know, Mr. Gale, but the lessons are not about him, are they?" 

"No, Professor." 

"Okay, now, as I was saying, this week we will be learning Owl to Opera glasses," The Professor continued on, mainly just going on basics, while Logan and Roman both wondered where Remy was.