Specs reloaded

That day

Shravan was ready to go out when someone came from behind calling him,
"Chashmish, your specs."

He was surprised to see a pair of round rimmed Harry Potter like glasses in her hands. They were broken an hour ago. He was busy contemplating on how to reach home without glasses for last hour.

"They broke didn't they? How come repaired so soon?"

"Oh no nerdy dumbo! These are from the last time. Remember you broke once during our football match and left them here with me. I got them repaired for you."

"Thanks Sumo! I had gone crazy thinking how I would go home but you my Witch in disguise always do magic."

"Chashmish ke bache! Don't run. I'll catch you. "

No use because he was already on his bicycle when he said the words. He was gone. His witch I mean Sumo smiled.

Today

Shravan was ready to go to office when a waddling woman called out.

"Shravan, your specs."

"Sumo, where did you get them from?"

"These are the ones broken that day during your basketball match at school. I kept them and got repaired. I have kept them safely since 16 years. Take it."

"Sumo, sorry but I got a laser surgery in London. I will go blind if I wear glasses."

"Fu I mean Dump your laser surgery and wear glasses. You look so cute in them."

"Seriously Sumo. Yesterday you asked me to fan you in kitchen with a book like in childhood I used to even in presence of an fu I mean good looking electric fan."

"I just want my best friend back. I don't like you. You keep on working, eating and sleeping."

"Sweetheart, its just a matter of this week. I have loads of work. Please understand."

"Am I asking for too big a thing?"

" No you're not but its illogical. Though I safely blame it on your pregnancy hormones. "

"Shravan I'm not one of those pregnant ladies out of wattpad books. I have some class okay. Just keep your answers simple, Yes or No?"

"No."

"Bye. Go else you'll be late."

"Love you Sumo. Please take care."

Shravan was worried not because she was some unpredictable pregnant lady who would react unexpected at unexpected moments and ordinary things. She was what they call a silent lady. She became so recently. Since her gift month he noticed her weirdness. She was quite, no demands at least extraordinary. They were small needy demands like to pick things for her from floor, help her go downstairs, help her get ice creams out of freezer because she feared she might catch cold. Though he was loaded with work and could not spend time with her but she never asked him to do anything. She would go shopping alone or with Purna but never ask him to do something.

He was concerned that she isn't demanding like those wives he read about when they got the news. She was different. Calm and content. Until yesterday. Her demand to fan her with a book. And today to wear specs.

She is missing me.

Finally Shravan understood. She was missing her Chashmish who would care for her before anything in the world.

4 pm

"Sumo where are you?" Shravan called looking at the empty PCT.

"Shravan ji, Sumo is on the first floor." Preeta replied.

"Why? Its closed today I guess."

"It is but for the commoners. Who can stop the owner?"

The first floor of the building that is just above PCT was turned into small eatery by Sumo, which was closed today because Sumo wanted last day of the month as a complete off for her staff.
Even Preeta was here due to some issue in a cheque which needed immediate attention.
She was seated on the comfy sofa near the window looking outside. Shravan saw her lost in thought and got ready. He wore that special thing and ran a hand through his hairs. No gel. Just the way she liked it.

"Sumo?"
He called her out of her thoughts and moved forward.

"Shravan! You here. Why I mean how? And why are you wearing the glasses?"
She was confused and then concerned. He could not see clearly and would fell.

"My wife is the owner, why can't I? And you only wanted to see me in glasses."

"Yeah but what's the use of glasses jab tum apni Sumo ko hi naa dekh pao.( if you can't see your Sumo)"

"Sweetheart I can see you with closed eyes also. And I got this new pair only for this purpose. To become your Chashmish again. "

"New ones?"

"Yeah! Clear ones. I mean Zero power. I can wear them without any issue. They look so cool, right?"

"Yeah they do."
She was overwhelmed of emotions and jumped on him to hug him tight. She was smiling like a baby cartoon with full teeth show and wet eyes.

"I feel like kissing you right now."
Shravan was feeling out of the world plus this cute lady in his arms was no good to his streaming desires.

"Shut up. Chashmish never had such thoughts about me. "

You know nothing Sumo. I once even dreamt of kissing you in school right in front of all your friends.

"Trust me they were more than just a small peck. Some of slow kisses, some of fast and furious one the ones you love some French kisses too. You just don't know what was in Chashmish's mind. He was worse than your Qutub Minar but just that he was shy."

"You kidding?"

"No"

"Since when do you have feelings for me?"

"I liked you since the moment I met you and love don't know when it happened."

"You! I love you." She just could not control and dived in for a kiss.
But he backed off.

"Hey control!"

"Why you're my legally wedded husband? I can kiss you anytime I want."

"Yeah but control for the sake of someone's innocence."

"Whose?"

"Writer!"

"What?"

"Yeah our writer is quite pure around such things. Lets not ruin it for her."

"Our innocent writer made me five months pregnant. For sake of Halloween how is she innocent?"

"That is because she is a biology student. Don't worry. We'll do more than just kissing once she sleeps."

"You dumb night owl go to sleep, now."

A/n;- Hence proved! No body spared. Even writer got scolded, thus she goes to sleep. Let them do their stuff, me my sleep and you your Moral work that is to vote and comment.

Love,
Zindagi.