one. accidents

I would really like to read all your opinions regarding this revision I made. xD

track suggestion to listen to for this chapter: dreams

»»————- ★ ————-««

( one. accidents )

»»————- ★ ————-««

Natasha finally finds herself slowly regaining consciousness. Her eyelids fluttered open, blinking a few times to let her vision clear out. As soon as they did, she had to bite back the gasp threatening to spill out her mouth and almost instinctively raised her fists to punch at what's in front of her.

A little girl was watching her in concern and... curiosity perhaps?

She tried to stand up only to end up groaning when she felt a jolt of pain waved past her head. She staggered back to the ground, only managing to sit up and lean against a wall.

"Are you a princess?" the little girl suddenly asked.

Natasha seemed startled at the question. "What?"

Pure innocence crossed her petite face, she was looking at her in awe. Natasha felt weird sitting there while the girl stared at her and she actually took her time to make out the place where she's currently thrown to. It seemed like she was in an alley, of some sort.

"Are you hiding from the evil witch trying to catch you?" Her attention is suddenly back at the little girl. Her face was now filled with horror instead of the awe it held earlier.

She didn't want to be rude enough to hurt a kid, but she was not in the right mood to deal with this now. "I'm not a princess." Her voice wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm either. It was simply giving off a vibe that she didn't want to talk.

Clearly, the girl's not mature enough to read people's emotions very well. She smiled at her, still, "You look like one. Are those the clothes you wear so no one will know you're a princess?"

Natasha looks at her, perplexed for a moment before following her gaze. She suddenly realized why she looked so confused, taking a second to observe the clothes the girl was wearing too. She was wearing a dress that she was sure she had only seen from those vintage dolls they sell in the department stores. Her hair was braided into two sections, and she had a ribbon on top of her head.

Her eyes widened when the thought of time traveling crossed her mind again.

Could it be... is it possible?

Did Tony's time machine actually work?

She glances back at the girl, feeling that she'd be wasting her time explaining some messed up story why she ended up wearing this kind of clothing and just decided to go along with it. ''Something like that."

Fortunately, it only excited her more. "I knew it. My uncle always tells me princesses aren't real but they are!"

It was only then she noticed that the girl looked too nice for someone to be wandering the streets.

"What's your name?" she suddenly asked.

Natasha looked shocked, struggling to think of an appropriate name. If this was indeed the 1940's, then she needed to pick a name that wouldn't sound too out of the blue. One that could be forgotten easily, and one that would fit the 40's vibe of course.

As she thought hard to think of a name, her eyes unconsciously drifted down to her wrist, and she finds herself going mute at the sight of the watch on her wrist.