twelve. captain america

»»————- ★ ————-««

( twelve. captain america )

»»————- ★ ————-««

Just as she had promised, she followed Steve's orders without any protest.

Once she had got inside, she stuck to their plan and waited for him. Luckily, Steve got through without a scratch.

They heard a loud whirring sound coming towards the factory they were trying to get into. The spy spotted a few trucks behind, and the last one— only having a black curtain as a cover— she figured would be easy to get in.

She nudged him. "What?"

"The truck. It leads right to the factory." She said.

He followed her gaze and took the shield from his back. Without uttering a word, he motioned for her to follow. "Okay, I don't know how many are in there but once we do get in just stay close—"

"I know what to do, Cap. I'm not stupid." she interjected, "I got a gun, that should be enough. Come on let's get moving."

He took the lead, and with a good running start, immediately jumped inside the truck. He was about to offer a hand to Natasha when he noticed that she was already inside. Although, somehow and in a mucked up way, her foot clumsily slipped.

Steve on instinct, caught her hand and pulled her in, which made the both of them roll inside. They came face to face with two HYDRA men.

"Fellas," Steve greeted.

The two men hesitated for a moment before suddenly springing into action. They tried to knock the both of them down, only for it to be the other way around. Steve went on for the one on the left, knocking him a few good times around the truck before throwing him outside.

He whipped around to see Natasha standing over a lifeless body and eyed the untouched pistol on her belt. "You killed him?"

"Of course, not. Just knocked him out cold. I didn't even touch my gun. Told you I could take care of myself." she finished with a smirk.

Steve looked impressed and mortified at the same time.

They went to sit down across from each other, waiting to be brought inside.

When they felt the truck stopped to a halt, as well as voices of Hydra men heard outside, Steve got up and crouched down. Holding his shield in front of him, Natasha followed his lead and got behind him.

The curtain soon opened and Steve slammed his shield straight into the man's face. The two jumped out of the truck and ran as fast as they could. When they saw a huge amount of HYDRA men on guard, she pulled him back to the side. "We can't go that way we're outnumbered." She looked around and spotted a few tanks and soldiers as well but in a fewer number.

"Where?"

"Follow me."

And follow her, he did.

"It's easier to go inside with that side of the building, but we need to stay low, there may be a few guards out here but we could be easily seen with these lights."

After she got them inside, they stopped to catch their breath.

Her gaze was looking out on one of the windows. "Okay, so now what?" As soon as she turned back around, she was startled when his face was almost touching hers. Her voice quickly died down in her throat.