Roses and other flowers that tell you what you mean to me - Todoroki x Reader

"Just don't get in my way" he didn't sound annoyed or anything but it still took you by surprise. You gulped as your smile dropped.

"Well, I better don't since we are supposed to be a team, right?" You jokingly answered, hoping for a reaction but you were presented with nothing yet again.

"You better stay out of the building, if you don't want to be frozen" you furrowed your eyebrows at his words but before you could say anything you heard the signal.

With no plan at all you walked up to the entrance of the building, you being a few steps behind the male. You wanted to say something again, maybe ask for a strategy but he acted on his own.

Seemingly coming from his feet, ice started to spread and within a blink of an eye the entire building was frozen. You gaped, not believing that this was what he meant when he told you to not get frozen.

You took a step back since you weren't exactly good with the cold since your flowers had trouble growing within an super cold environment.

He didn't even tell you to wait or something before he entered the building.

"H-hey! What am I supposed to do?" You questioned, your eyes fell to the frozen floor which would probably be hard to walk on. He stopped in his tracks but didn't turn around.

"Don't worry, I've got this. Just wait here until we win" maybe it was because of the cold air but the tone of his voice also sounded frozen.

"You mean when you win" you thought but you didn't want to fight your own teammate, even though you felt a little offended by him pretty much deciding everything for himself.

"Okay, good luck" you said instead. He gave a small nod and disappeared into the building.

-

It didn't take long until your team had officially won and shortly after the ice melted away which probably was also Todoroki's doing. You couldn't tell since you were still standing outside like an idiot.

"It's fine, maybe he is just not used to working as a team. Just be nice and make him your friend" you muttered to yourself, waiting for your classmates to come out.

Just as your voice quieted down, you heard footsteps. No sooner the three came out. While the previous villain team acknowledged you immediately and gave you a smile your own teammate was already on his way back to where the class was waiting for you.

You gave the two of them a smile and thanked them before you rushed after the boy. Your mind was already thinking about the perfect flower that would fit the situation.

"Todoroki!" You called his name which made him slow down his steps. Slightly panting, you caught up with him in no time.

"This was really great! Your quirk is pretty amazing. I really hope we can become good friends!" You offered him a single yellow rose which symbolized friendship.

He looked down at your hand that held the beautiful flower. He narrowed his eyes slightly as if he didn't understand.

"Oh, not everyone knows the flower language. Yellow roses are a sign of friendship which is why I want to give one to you! I really like expressing things with flowers" you explained yourself, a sparkle of glee could be found in your eyes as you talked about the rose in your hand.

"Not interested but thank you" he shifted his eyes back forward and his steps began to fasten. He was clearly showing you that he wanted you to leave him alone. A little sad you stopped entirely. Your hand with the rose fell back to your side as you dejectedly stared after Todoroki.