Chapter 11 - Will and Annabeth have Weird Conversations

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, I knew you could heal it faster than any other doctor though," Will just sighed and put his hand on either side of Natasha's face.

"Damn, the facial-" he stopped himself, remember that all of the Avengers were listening to their conversation.

"I can't really tell if your nose is actually broken or just running," Will tried to explain, Annabeth understood.

"Alright, Stark, you won the bet about me kissing my husband when I see him, can you guys leave so Will can actually heal me?" She asked, her nose throbbing more with every minute.

"Yeah, just one question, how did you get here so fast?" Steve asked, his question directed at Will who was currently using a towel to dab at Natasha's face.

"I was actually just walking past the building when Nico called me, luckily enough," Natasha knew that Will was a terrible liar, his father is the god of truth and all, but she had to admit that he had been improving.

"Ok, we'll leave you to do what you need to," the boys all walked out of the training room leaving Will and Annabeth alone.

"Alright, you need to take off the technology if you want me to see how bad it actually is," Will instructed, Annabeth sighed and reached to remove the cloaking technology as she had done so many times before.

Will placed his hands on either side of her face and closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them, smiling.

"Good news, it's not broken, just eat this ambrosia and you'll be ready to go," Will gave her a small smile and handed her the amber cake.

Annabeth ate it quickly, the taste of ambrosia had changed over the years. It used to be Camp half-blood's marshmallows from the campfire, that had always been home for her, but now they tasted like Percy's homemade pizza, it was something that he only made on the weekends (or when Luke used his baby seal eyes).

Annabeth loved it when he made pizza, not just the pizza itself. Percy would always pick up Luke and let him roll the dough out, both of them laughing as Luke tried his best to make a circle.

That was home.

Annabeth knew that the ambrosia would take a second to do its magic but she needed to talk to Will.

Will made to stand up but Annabeth grabbed his sleeve.

"Will, my mother talked to me during my fight," Will's eyes went wide and he crouched next to Annabeth.

"I was sparing with Steve and was trying to figure out what his plan was, then my mom said 'he's trying to tire you out' and I tried to respond, but nothing happened, I lost my focus, and here I am," Will looked over his friend with a worried face.

"The gods haven't contacted us since the attacks, remember how hard we tried to reach them for a few months afterward?" Will asked, Annabeth sat up and nodded, putting her technology back on.

"Yeah, why would they contact us now?" Annabeth asked.

It wasn't often that Annabeth didn't know things, and she didn't like it.

"I don't know," Will sighed, "I'll try to contact Apollo, but he hasn't answered me in years, maybe they're ashamed that they couldn't protect all of us?" Will sounded almost hopeful but Annabeth could tell that he didn't believe himself.

"Yeah, maybe," Annabeth didn't want to argue with her friend when they were all so vulnerable.

Yes, Frank coming back was good and they were happy, but it also opened up old memories that Annabeth hadn't thought about for a long time.

"Ok, well, I need to go to an appointment, you're lucky Nico caught me before we could get inside the room," Will laughed and Annabeth looked worried,

"Oh no, were you busy?" Annabeth asked, her expression worried, Will shook his head,

"No, it's alright, Nico and I were just going to look at wedding venues today and he can do that without me, the gods know he has better taste than me," Will gestured towards his outfit (a bright blue shirt with beige shorts and green flip-flops).

"Ok, thanks for healing me, but you need to get that appointment!" Annabeth stood up and playfully shoved Will towards the elevator, Will laughed and mock saluted her.

"Will do, Ms. Romanov/Jackson/Chase," Annabeth rolled her eyes as Will pressed the correct button on the elevator and waved goodbye to her before he could step inside.

Maybe the world would make sense one day, but today was not that day.

This point was proven when the door burst open to reveal Tony and Steve with their weapons out, Burce looking betrayed, and Clint giving Annabeth a sorry look.

"Who are you and where is Natasha?"

-----

For sneak peeks and updates follow my social media!

Twitter, Instagram (most active), Tik Tok: rox_fanfics

Tumblr: rox-fanfics