Queen [0026]

There was something about Theo that drew people to him

There was something about Theo that drew people to him. It didn't hurt that he was a good looking young man, along with his brother Beau; but it was more than that. He was quiet, but not out of painful shyness; oh no, it was far from that. If being the son of the most powerful Original vampire/ Hybrid, there was not a shy bone in him. It was a reservedness, like a conscious choice to observe the lie of the land before he got involved. Theo had this distant and cold manner, yet had eyes of pure mischief and a cunning smirk on his face. It wasn't like he sat down one day and planned to be like that, it's just the way he was. No wait, he did. It all started when he learned about the truth of his father; Niklaus Mikaelson.

Theodore Forbes had learned the truth of his father much earlier than his twin Lottie. His uncle Damon had sat him down and had a little chat with him, it had anger Claire because she wanted it to be her to tell him the truth, but they all knew she didn't have it in her to say the truth. To some extent, Claire was thankful because Damon had done the one thing she didn't want to do. But seeing the light drain out of her ten-year-old son's eyes and cold eyes stared down at his father's picture, made her regret ever trying to make Niklaus into a good guy when it was clear that he wasn't.... to some extent. That day, Theo stopped waiting around for a father that was clearly never coming back to him and if he was, he was never going to call them his children, Theo was going to make sure of that.

Niklaus sat with his brothers, nursing a drink his ocean eyes intensely staring at the bowl of salty peanuts. His mind replaying to what happened that afternoon with his daughter and Claire. He just didn't know how to do it. How to convince his daughter that he wanted to fix his mistake. Niklaus wanted to make Lottie see that he was trying to be a better father... or at least be a father to her. "Stop sulking, Nik." Kol scoffed, staring at his older brother with a boring look. Currently, they were at the Grill drinking, a suggestion by Kol.

Elijah's lip lifted up, a smug smirk appeared on his lip. "Kol, don't bother him now. Can't you see for the first time in a millennium your brother can't think of a plan?" Kol rolled his brown eyes and just like his brother, a smug smirk appeared. "How sad," Niklaus scowled at his brothers and their unwanting teasing. He opened his mouth but instead of speaking, his attention was stolen when the front doors of the restaurant opened.

Instantly, Niklaus locked eyes with his eldest child's blues eyes. It pierced right through him, those cold eyes of his. It made Niklaus nervous, he didn't know how scary and intimidating his son's eyes could be. He should have known, Theo was his son after all. No matter how calm Theo looked walking towards him and his brothers, Niklaus knew those faint glints in his eyes as well. He had seen them before, they were unmistakably the eyes of a killer, there was no doubt that Theodore Forbes was his son with eyes like those.

The Mikaelson sat up, body tensed, eyes looking at no another as Theo calmly pulled out the empty chair and sat down. Elijah and Kol glanced at their brother and then at their nephew, both awfully tensed and ready to pull Theo off his father. However, Niklaus put on his 'nothing can harm me' facade, leaning against his chair and gave his son his signature Klaus' smirk. "What can I do for you, boy?" Elijah sighed at his brother unnecessary and unwanted taunt while Kol smirked, picking up a peanut.

Theo slowly blinked, revealing icy blues that were framed with thick long-lashed. Inwardly Niklaus shivered under Theo's stare. To be fair to him, everyone did. There wasn't one person or supernatural being, besides his mother of course, that didn't feel the effect of his staring. It wasn't just the icy blue eye-balls, it was the intelligence and mischief behind them that did it. In the gasp between their eyes and his a battle was fought and Theo trounced them without a flinch.

Niklaus narrowed his eyes when his son didn't utter a word, he kept his blank stare on him. He turned to his brother which they too had a confused expression, Niklaus turns to his son and about to speak but his son did something he wasn't expecting. Theo smirked and chuckled, it was a dark chuckle that sends chills down the Mikaelson's brothers. "You know," Theo dragged out his words, making it more suspenseful and tensed. He flickered his eyes to each Original and ended with Niklaus. "When my dear sister warned that little wolf," Niklaus confused eyes quickly hardened and his fist clenched. Theo has seen his and his smirk grew. He snickered when Niklaus held back his tongue, "it was for everyone. Stay out of our way and we'll stay out of yours," Theo looked at Kol before turning back to Niklaus, " but it seems you guys just don't listen."

Kol snicker, despite the heavy tension in the air. "We don't take orders from anyone, especially from a little boy," Elijah really wanted to choke his brother right there and then, why couldn't he take anything seriously? Niklaus didn't say anything, he kept his mouth shut, his eyes stayed on Theo while he listened to every word he said. Once again Theo chuckled, the way his eyes lite up made Kol's smirk drop. Kol narrowed his eyes at him when Theo pointed his finger at him in a mocking manner. "That's really funny coming from someone who got killed by a little boy."

In a blink of an eye, Kol got up and reached over but was roughly pulled back by his brother. Elijah held onto Kol's arms, preventing him from hurting Claire's son. "Shut your mouth," Kol threatened darkly, his brown eyes almost appearing black. His expression didn't faze Theo at all, instead, it amused him. "Shouldn't have underestimated a little boy, Uncle Kol." It was clear to anyone that Theo was taunting him, trying to rally him up which was working. Kol dug his nails in the wooden table, he silently kept telling himself that he couldn't... wouldn't hurt Claire's son, even if he was a little shit.

"What do you want?" Elijah asked, growing impatient by his nephew's mockery. In his mind, it was very obvious that Theo had gotten this attitude from Niklaus, a bad trait if you ask him. "Why couldn't he get his sweet mother's good traits?" Elijah inwardly asked. Theo's mischievous eyes turned to Elijah and he couldn't help but lock his jaw, he knew that Theo had prepared something for him as well. "Oh, c'mon Lijah. Don't kill my fun." Theo whined, faking a pout. Elijah sighed, loosing up the tension in his body. He was okay that Theo had used his family nickname, after all, Theo and Lottie were the children of his brother.

Seeing that Kol was barely holding himself off, Elijah growing tired of this all, and Niklaus didn't say a word; Theo sighed in disappointment. Looking at Kol, "My mother said you were one who liked a good laugh, but it seems that hanging out with these two," Theo pointed at Elijah and Niklaus, "made you boring." Elijah and Kol both frown, taking great offense by his comment.

"Right," Theo clapped his hands, going back to his deadly serious expression, looking between the Mikaelsons; mostly looking at Niklaus. "Stay the fuck away from us. Don't come near my sister or my mother. Don't go around asking about us. I let little wolf's scoop around once and I won't let it happen again." The way Theo looked at Niklaus made him realize that he and Lottie knew what his daughter was doing and they let it happened. They let Hope know who they were, but Niklaus didn't know why? Why let her know? Unless, they had a reason for it? And if so, then Niklaus knew it wasn't a good one.

Theo's body turned towards Niklaus, the air around them suddenly vanish causing all three Original to start choking. Niklaus kept his eyes on Theo, the mischief was replaced with a dark sinister look. "You don't belong in our world, Niklaus. Don't try, it won't work." Theo gave him one last look before slowly getting up and walking away.

However, five steps away from the table Niklaus asked a question, though it was difficult, it made Theo stop. "What if I don't want to stop?" Theo let that question linger in the air, the pressure was growing causing them to cough. Looking over his shoulders, Theo's blue eyes turned a bright purple. "Then the Mikaelson's clan will slowly start dying." Purple locked with ocean blue, "staring with the youngest," his threat was loud and clear, and it was certain that it wasn't an empty promise either.