Queen [0060]

Stefan waited a little longer before turning around, he walked slowly without any rush, it wasn't like he was going anywhere anytime soon

Stefan waited a little longer before turning around, he walked slowly without any rush, it wasn't like he was going anywhere anytime soon. His hands in his pocket as he began to hum, his eyes glancing around the halls of the school. Impressed that Claire was about to make a school out of his old home, a place where the supernatural was able to feel safe and protected. A smirk appeared on his face, his woman was very impressive.

"Stefan," a female voice called from behind him, the man turned back and the smirk on his face grew. Coming towards him was Bonnie the Bonnet's witch and Noel the Gemini's witch. His green eyes darkened with an unknown emotion as he locked eyes with Noel, instantly Noel away and Bonnie missed the way Noel's body trembled.

"Ah, Bonnie. What can I do for you, my witchy friend?"

Bonnie laughed at his comment, unlike Clarie, she was happy that Stefan was back. She had missed her friend dearly and with him back, that asshole of a man called Niklaus would finally leave Clarie alone. "If you're not busy, could you help Noel hunt down, someone?"

Stefan raised his brow, "someone as in the person responsible for the past killings?"

"Yeah," Bonnie sighed, "they're intervening with my magic and I can't ask the spirits for help."

Shrugging his shoulders, "like I told Claire, I doubt this person will trouble us anymore."

This time Bonnie raised her brow, "how come you sound so confident."

"Well, I think whoever was involved doesn't need any more sacrifices and is finally free from his cage," glancing at the witch next to her, his smirk widened, "I also think the person who killed them is feeling a little guilty."

Bonnie stared at Stefan for a long time before rolling her eyes, "stop playing around. Claire wants to find this asshole. Just take Noel to the old killing site and try to find something useful. I don't want him going alone since he's new around here."

Noel's jaw clenched and he hid his tightly closed fist behind his back, Stefan's chuckle send a cold chill down his spine. God, how he hated that laugh. How he hated everything about him. He thought he had finally esca--

"Alright. Alright, I'll stop messing around and go with him." Stefan's words brought Noel back from his thoughts. Noel looked up at Stefan, though he was smiling his expression was unreadable. "After all, he helped my wife and looked after my daughter. I'll return the favor. After everything you've done for my family, we could be brothers."

Forcing his body from trembling, fingers dug deep into his palm, Noel forced a strained smile: "it's okay. How dare I, a useless witch be your brother?" His voice lacked any emotion, his eyes dull and blank.

Bonnie turned to Noel with a confused look, what the hell was he saying? And why was he acting like this?

Stefan chucked, his face reflected both humor and something else neither Bonnie nor Noel pick up. "Oh, but I insist. You and I could help each other." Stefan said, his voice having a demanding edge. Noel swallowed back his next words and then calmly nodded at Stefan, he just hopes whatever Stefan had in mind would end quickly, but then again when did he ever make things easy for him?