Queen [001]

𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗 [𝟶𝟶𝟷] - 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

"𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆." The last words he had said to her, those were the words of her ex-fiancee. Even though it's been nearly two decades since he had left, she could still hear them - taunting her. He didn't bother to apologize. Nor did he look at her. She didn't want an apology, all she wanted was an explanation.

She wanted him to explain why he had done what he did. Not an apology, no never an apology. Niklaus Mikaelson never apologies for anything, even when it was his fault.

Claire just wanted to know why? What was the reason for his betrayal? As far as she knew and understood, they were perfect. Well, she had thought so.

Claire knew what type of person he was. Of course, everyone warned her about him. Heck, she even witnesses him at his cruelest point, and yet she couldn't stop loving him.

Of course, at first, she had tried her hardest to stop whatever emotion had decided to take place in her heart whenever she was near the Original Hybrid. She denied everything he had to offer. Ignored him, but in the end, she couldn't deny the crazy, lonely bad wolf.

Perhaps she should have tried harder. Perhaps she shouldn't have given in so easily. Perhaps she should have listened to everyone when they warned her that he was going to be the end of her. Perhaps she should have ignored his charming self. Perhaps then, she wouldn't be feeling empty and lonely. Perhaps if she had listened and stayed away then maybe, just maybe she wouldn't have had her heart and soul broken.

In the silence, Claire stared down at her computer, blinking away those sad memories away. Lately, she's been thinking about the past, something that she hates doing.

Sighing, she gets up from her desk and goes towards her partner's office. She doesn't want to sit in silence anymore. It'll only make her think about things that she shouldn't be thinking about at this moment. "Come in," Alaric Saltman says from behind the dark wooden door.

Opening the door, Claire smiles seeing Alaric behind his desk. "You hungry, Ric?" she asked smiling at him.

Alaric looks up from his computer and smiles at her, the only one that was reserved for her. "If you're asking me on a date then of course."

Claire lets out a gentle laugh, she shakes her head. She looks at him with a fond smile. Alaric has been someone she could count on and trust with her entire being. They've been through so much together. They've lost so much, it's surprising that they're both slightly sane. She doesn't know what she'll do without him. She stretches her hand out, " grill?" Alaric nods and takes her hand.