Queen [0019]

The mother's love Claire Forbes has for her children is the ordinary kind

The mother's love Claire Forbes has for her children is the ordinary kind. It is no more than any mother she knows and respects, It is the kind of love that would move heaven and earth for her child if she had the power. It is the kind of love that says 'I would give my life for my child any time, any place.' That doesn't make her unusual, she is only normal. It is the kind of love that would take on anyone, anyplace, anytime if they threaten the wellbeing of her children. She would face death a million times before she lets it appear in front of her children. Claire would die in the worse possible way there is instead of letting her children suffer. Her children; Theo, Beau, Lottie, Josie, and Lizzie mean the world to her and if she has to die for them to live together then so be it. Claire Grace Forbes would gladly give her heart to her children. Any mother would.

Claire felt the familar arms of Alaric wrapping around her waist, bring her close to him. She wraps her arms around him as she rest her head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. Alaric placed his chin on top of her head, one of his hand going up and down along her back. "It'll be okay," he softly whispers, trying his hardest to not think of Noel's words. 'The only way to stop the merge from happening is if both twins drink the blood from their mother's heart before their 21st birthday.' This wasn't supposed to happened, that wasn't supposed to be their answer. Why couldn't anything ever go their way? Why couldn't his daughter drink something else other than Claire's blood? Knowing Josie and Lizzie they wouldn't do it. They would refuse it, down right deny it, they'll be furious when they found out that Claire was even thinking about such thing. Not only them but Theo, Beau, and Lottie. A chill went down his spine just thinking of all the damage those three would cause if anything happened to her. He could just imagine the chaos they'll raise knowing that Claire was thinking of sacrifice her life.

Alaric wouldn't let Claire sacrifice more of her life, not for his daughter nor for him. He made a promise, a promise to help her find her happiness and her happiness wasn't laying in a coffin six feet under ground. No, her happiness was watching all of her children grow and have a family of their own. He imagined their lives together. They'll live here, in this mansion they made into their home. Alaric and Claire would watch the kids grow, become proper adult, watch them grow to become very powerful yet kind just like Claire and him had taught them. She meant more to him than he let anyone know. He was supposed to live out this immortal life along with her. He was supposed to be her partner, her best friend, her protector. She was still the teenage girl who was trying to save everyone and for that, he isn't going to let her die. Alaric Saltzman would walk through hell, corrupt heaven, destroy the other side just for her to live.