Queen [009]

Niklaus Mikaelson has lived for a long time and since his birth and rebirth, there have been a few times-- rarely ever-- where he has been truly sorry for all the pain he has done

Niklaus Mikaelson has lived for a long time and since his birth and rebirth, there have been a few times-- rarely ever-- where he has been truly sorry for all the pain he has done. And the main one has been betraying and hurting Claire Forbes. The blonde hair, blue eyes sweet Claire Forbes. She was someone who he, the great and all-powerful Original Hybrid never thought that he would ever in his thousand years of living would fall in love with.

Claire Forbes was just there. She extended her warm and soft hand, letting him hold on to it whenever things would go bad. She would smile at him whenever he was upset, making him forget all of his worries. She was there to calm the storm before it hits. Claire Forbes was just there to be his friend when no one wanted too. She was the first and only human who truly believed that there was more than this evil vampire.

Niklaus wanted to return everything she had given him. He wanted to give her the world because she deserved it and much, much more. Once he broke the curse and became the Original Hybrid, Niklaus Mikaelson would be King and Claire Forbes would be right to him as his Queen.

But things never go as planned. Because Niklaus was paranoid and scared, he did the one thing he never wanted to do. He did the one thing he had sworn to never do to her. Niklaus Mikaelson betrayed Claire by sleeping with the wolf, Hayley Marshall. It was bad when it was Claire who discovered them first handed. She came in the bedroom-- the one where Niklaus took Claire's virginity-- and saw her fiancee in the arms of another woman.

But to make the matter even worse, Niklaus didn't try to cover himself or Hayley. "Why?" she whispered, still not believing that the man she loved would do something like that to her. He promised 'always and forever', but it appeared that that didn't mean anything to him. Niklaus looked at Claire straight in her teary, heartbroken eyes and mumble the words that officially broke her. "I do not have to explain myself to you, love." And with those words spoke, Niklaus got up from the bed and went to the restroom- without looking at her. He walked away, letting her go without an explanation.

And that was the last time Claire Forbes saw Niklaus Mikaelson. She didn't see him whenever he came back to Mystic Falls because Claire wasn't there. She was to busy taking care of their twins. Twins that he had no knowlege of. Twins that he would never know about because his son and daughter had grown to hate him so much that they would rather rot in hell than ever met him.

Niklaus Mikaelson never wanted to hurt her. Never meant it to happened. But like always, Niklaus had destroyed the one good thing in his life because of his insecurities, fears, and being paranoid. Now, he must watch the love of his life be happy without him and move on. And that is something he didn't want but he knew that there was nothing he could do. He had see the way she looked at him. Hurt. Disappointment. And betrayal. He killed him every time he seen those beautiful, crystal blue eyes he loves so much, only for them to look at him with such emotions.

Niklaus Mikaelson would always love Claire Forbes, even if she did not.