Chapter 1

Valentino stared at the black board mindlessly skimming through the paragraphs of words that seemed like a waste of time to even learn or write down. He sighed looking up at Ms. Monroe scold Sadiq for coming in late as per usual. He wasn't really surprised at this encounter, but was at how the teacher wasn't fooled by his forms of flattery like the rest of them were. "Mr. Adnan, this is the third time you're late this week do you have anything to say for yourself?" She asked keeping her composer even though he could tell she wanted to strangle Sadiq watching life drain from his eyes. Which might be a bit too dark for a teacher, he chuckled to himself. "Just take your seat." She muttered walking back to the front of the class keeping her glare strictly on Sadiq. "Before we start today's lesson I want you to know that we're having new students coming today. Their school was shut down due to financial difficulties. So," She started keeping her eyes firmly on Sadiq, "we wouldn't want to be a bad example, would we?" Ms. Monroe stated, smiling. "Now, I must let you know that they'll be coming sometime today around 12. You'll share your dorms with them, so please," she said, her eyes locking on a certain troublesome trio. "Be nice." Valentino chuckled to himself. 'Be nice? As if that'd change anything.' he thought, looking at the group. "Alright, now that we have that clarified, onto the lesson." She decided, turning her back onto the class and writing something down beside the sea of notes. Valentino sighed as he looked down at his blank notebook, knowing that it'll bite him back later, but ignoring it. He'll ask Milica later for notes. He really wasn't in the mood after everything. Ms. Monroe kept ranting about the revolution and about the slavery that had been enforced. The lesson droned on and on, seemingly taking hours until the bell rang. "Alright, students. Remember your homework on page 304-306 about why and how the revolution happened. Class dismissed." She said, the whole class immediately gathering their belongings and dashing out the room.

Valentino walked out of the classroom, looking through the sea of students to find his only friend. He perked up after spotting him, waving his hand to try to get his attention. A success! The brunette rushed over to him, patting his shoulder twice before speaking. "Hey, hi, how are you? Nice day so far?" He said with a smile, Valentino sighing in response. "It's been extremely mediocre if that's even possible. I don't like how there's going to be new people." He muttered, Milica quirking an eyebrow. "How so?" Valentino gave him a look of, 'My sexuality' before he got the hint. "So what? I bet that they wouldn't care. You'll go unnoticed, you'll be fine." He said, rolling his eyes. "Wow, great. How reassuring." He said with hints of sarcasm, receiving an annoyed look in response. "You'll be fine. Seriously, Tamara wouldn't be too up her ass to declare," he paused, clearing his throat. "Valentino Popescu is gay!" He said with a high, typical, voice. Valentino laughed, grinning. "Fine, I'll believe your little speech. But if my ass get beat, I'll make you go yeet." He joked, Milica smirking. "As if your capable of beating me up." He teased, poking his cheek. "Hey.. don't be logical." Valentino whined, smacking his arm lightly. "Ouchie. I'm so hurt. Ow. I'm dead by this man who hits like a girl." He said, making Valentino fume. "Oh hush, I'm not that bad! I have some sort of muscle mass... unlike you." He said with a proud smirk. "Yeah, no. Have fun with that mindset." Milica said. "Now c'mon, let's get to class before mr. Reynolds scolds us." Valentino smiled. "Alright."