"It's actually the-" Hermione shook her head.

"My point is, if he touches her I don't care if he's my godson Harry, I will not hesitate to hex him."

"Oh relax." Ron rolled his eyes, "You were sixteen once don't you remember what that was like. Everyone was-"

"Ron!" Hermione chided, "You're not helping! Now look he's growling again."

Everyone looked towards Cole and sure enough he was growling, just like the mini Padfoot he is. Nina quickly bid everyone a goodnight, saying she had to leave now or Cole will send Davina to a convent far far away from James and all boys.

Everyone soon followed after, not wanting to waste anymore of their night of freedom and fun. Leaving me and Gin to apparate back home. 

Wrapping my arm around her waist, I felt the familiar churning in my stomach before wobbly landing outside our front door. Before we could even go inside I froze, I had a bad feeling and I'm usually never wrong.

I drew out my wand, Ginny furrowing my brows at my actions but doing the same none the less. Pushing her behind me I slowly walked into the house, the clacking of Gin's heels the only sound to echo throughout the house. 

We rounded the corner at the end of the long hallway expecting to see all the children passed out on the floor but instead the room was empty. Snacks littered the floor and the chess pieces set in the middle of a match laid unplayed. 

"I knew we shouldn't have named him after two trouble makers" Ginny whispered harshly, a worried glare set on her face. 

Ginny quickly checked the kitchen, double checking, as we knew the one place James and the others most likely had gone. I started up the stairs, Ginny catching up to me with her heels in the hand that didn't hold her wand.

Upon reaching the second floor, my eyes immediately noticed the open office door and I sighed. I changed the wards on my office weekly, yet James is so cunning I'm not surprised he figured it out. A very minuscule part of me almost thought he would end up in Slytherin but the millisecond that the batty old hat laid on his head it roared Gryffindor. Which can be just as troubling for me. Exhibit A. 

Creeping up to the room I softly pushed the door in further and peaked inside. 

Empty.

Taking a tentative step inside, my feet crunched on glass and I immediately looked down. My breath caught in my throat as flashes of my third year at Hogwarts appeared in my mind. A hand reached out to touch the broken necklace on the floor and I quickly snatched it back. 

Ginny looked at me wide eyed, but I just shook my head. I intwined our hands and walked back out into the hallway, closing the door behind us and sending out a patronus to Hermione, Ron, Bill, Fleur, George, Percy, Cole and Nina telling them to come here right away.

"Harry what's going on?" Ginny squeezed my hand, worry and fear written all over her face. 

I shook my head, waiting for the others to get here so I could explain. Buying myself sometime to think before Ginny's expression turned into the angry face I loved and people feared.

"Harry! Ginny!" Ron's voice screamed from the Floo. Hermione's call following shortly after. 

"Up here!" Ginny called back, just as more footsteps could be heard coming through the front door. 

I waited until everyone arrived, all of them asking what was wrong and where the kids were. Ginny unhappily blocking them from entering the office, no doubt going to ream me out for keeping her in the dark as well, but still helping me. I swear I love that woman.