Author's Note

So I've been dragging this out and I wanted more things to happen before I got to Jack and Kayla seeing each other again. "But the sad truth is the truth is sad" - quoting Lemony Snicket there - and I have run out of ideas. So I'm skipping to Jack's birthday. Nothing too exciting happens. Kayla continues to babysit her nieces and she still lives with her horrid aunt and uncle. Jack is stuck in the Panic Room until his birthday and is trying his hardest not to go crazy. So yeah. Just throwing that out there.

I know you guys have been waiting for a long time for this, and since we're all in quarantine (I know in the future this won't be true but right now it is), you guys are probably bored out of your minds and you're waiting for this story. So that's why I'm skipping so far ahead. There's also been some family stuff going on, and it's been hindering me from writing.

Two more things. One, Kayla's birthday is in December and she was born a year before Jack was so she's older than him and will be sixteen in the next chapter. Two, Skelly is at the very end because I know you guys might want her to be in this story. So she's at the epilogue.

Are we cool? Cool. So cool. (Infinity War, anyone?)