Ch. 13 Finding the truth

Start from the beginning

Her phone started ringing so this was my opportunity to leave. I walked out the door and almost shut it but stopped as I looked around then held the door handle. The door was cracked a little as I could hear Miss Morgan talking.

"Hey.." I heard her sigh. "Yeah.. I'm just not in the mood to do anything... I don't know." There was silence for a moment. "Ha ha very funny. It has nothing to do with her actually." I kept listening, trying to get some pieces of information.

That was until I noticed I was being a complete stalker.

Pulling my ear away, I caught something just in time.

"Carter." Miss Morgan sighs. "She's..."

Was she talking about me?

I backed away from the door until I felt myself being pushed back. I turned around in time to slam into the door and landed on my ass. I heard a lot of laughing as I looked up and saw Regina standing there, smiling at me.

"Watch where you're going you little-" She stops as her eyes averted upwards.

I did the same as the door I had landed into was now open and Miss Morgan was standing there

"What is going on?" Pushing myself up, I felt arms underneath my arms until I was being pulled up. "Regina, I will tell the principal about your behavior. Go now."

Rubbing my arm, I watch as she left then I look at Miss Morgan. "Thanks."

She looks me over before grabbing my arm and pulling me in her classroom. She shuts the door before walking over to me. "What happened?"

"I guess I ran into her and she pushed me."

"Into my door?"

Shrugging, I held my arm. "Yeah."

She looks at me a little longer before grabbing my arm and looking at it. I wasn't sure if anything was wrong, it just hurt before it managed to hit the door frame as I was falling.

"It looks ok. Just a little red from where it was scraped." She sighs. "I will be talking to principal Brown about Regina. Her behavior is unacceptable."

I nod as I look at her. "Thanks." I stood there not knowing what to even say at this point. "I'm gonna go to lunch."

"Carter, wait." Miss Morgan stops me before I had the chance to walk away. Looking at her, she was holding onto my arm gently but soon lets it go. "Have a great rest of the day." She slightly smiles.

I nod. "You too, Miss Morgan."

Walking out the door, I had so much on my mind.

-

The rest of the day was pretty much boring. I eventually forgot about earlier with Miss Morgan and just focused on my school work. I shouldn't worry about it too much if not at all.

But the thought that she was talking about me on the phone still had my mind blurry.

Sitting in Mrs. Mary's class after Music class was over, I wasn't doing much of anything. My fingers were touching the piano keys but my mind wasn't communicating with my hands so I was just playing random keys.

"I have to take something to the front office. I'll be right back." Mrs. Mary said as she left the room, leaving the door opened just a little.

Looking back at the piano, I took a sheet of paper out of my backpack that I had. It was a music sheet with a song on it. I really wanted to practice it for the performance.

I wasn't a hundred percent sure if I was playing this song or not. I wanted to but I still had another week to think it through.

Looking at the sheet, I let my fingers glide over the keys as my eyes were scanning the sheet. I looked down a few times and watched my fingers then looked back up.