Sixteen

Jordyn
January 27th (Thursday)
9:34 pm.

I sped to and up the stairs looking for Zaeirra in every room

I sped to and up the stairs looking for Zaeirra in every room. When I made it to my room it was totally a mess, Chris soon came up behind me. I started to panic and breath unsteady. Then Chris tapped me, pointed over to my bathroom. It took me a minute but then I stared to here coughing. Me and Chris ran over to the door seeing what it was and who it was coming from. Once I reached the bathroom I felt bad, because I was a little pissed when I didn't see my daughter but saw Alania. "Shit!" I said rushing to her side. "What happened?" I said in a panicked tone. She was really beat up and bloody.

She blinked repeatedly looking up at me.
"Z-Zae's in the pantry hiding." She said coughing up blood.

I quickly nodded leaving her in there with Chris, and running to see if my daughter was ok. When I got downstairs I ran and opened the pantry door noticing Zae's feet sticking out from behind the empty grocery bags I had in there. "Babygirl?" I said letting her know it was me.

She instantly jumped up looking for me.
"Mommy!?" She ran into my arms, tears rushing down her face nonstop.

I embraced her small figure, holding her in my arms."Hey babygirl." I said rubbing her back. "Are you ok?" I questioned.

She nodded before backing up and looking at me. "But daddy's friend hurt auntie Alania." She said wiping her tears off her face.

Daddy's friend? Which one of Chris's friends would want to break into my house and hurt my friend? I was dumb confused. "Who's daddy's friend Zae?" I asked her as I picked her up, leaving the pantry.

"They came here to look for you and daddy, that's what he said." She sniffed.

I sat her on one of my bar stool and took a good look at her while thinking. "Mmm." So she wasn't hurt but my friend was beaten up badly. And I don't even know none of Chris's friends like that. Unless...

Chris
9:59 pm

After about 15 minutes Trey came and got Alania, and then while Jordyn was taking care of Zae upstairs I was attempting to clean up the mess down here

After about 15 minutes Trey came and got Alania, and then while Jordyn was taking care of Zae upstairs I was attempting to clean up the mess down here. As I was throwing away some broken glass in the trash, I heard footsteps approaching me when I looked up I saw Jordyn walking into the kitchen. "Hey." I said before it could be an awkward silence between us.