Woods

I woke up to Peeta smiling at me.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him.

"Eveything's perfect." He whispers.

My whole body shudders because of his last phrase. Peeta has never had a perfect life because of his bitch of a mother but I don't want to think about her.

"I have a suprise for you." He whispers.

My face lights up.

"What?" I demand, but still whisper because everyone's still sleeping.

"Get dressed and you'll find out." Peeta teases.

I notice that he's already dressed when he crawls out the tent so I hurry.

I throw on a pair of denim shorts, a plain white tank top, a flowy jacket and some white converses.

I pull back my hair into a ponytail which is very rare for me because I usually just wear my hair in a side braid.

When I step out the tent Peeta stands there with a picnic basket and a blanket.

It's dark outside so I can only just see him standing there.

"What's all this?" I ask him.

"I thought we could watch the sunrise together." He says smiling.

I take his hand and he leads me through the woods.

The woods is just so calming. It's my favourite place in the world. I love it. When I was younger, I used to do archery with my dad in the woods and the woods is the only place I have left that reminds me of him.

Peeta leads me to a grassy field that has a perfect view of the sky.

He lays the blanket down and places the basket on the side next to us.

We lay down next to eachother, but with my head laying on Peeta's chest.

"Won't the others wonder where we are when they wake up?" I ask.

"Nope. I told the boys I was taking you out today last night. They were all okay with it, the boys are taking their girls out, as well. Marvel's gonna ask Glimmer to be his girlfriend when he takes her out." Peeta replies.

"Awh. Where are they taking them?" I ask.

"Finn's taking Annie swimming, Cato's taking Clove knife throwing, Marvel's taking Glimmer shopping, and Gale's taking Madge out for lunch." Peeta says.

I start tearing up.

"What's wrong baby?" Peeta asks.

"I just... I love you so much." I say.

"Awh, Katniss. I love you so much too. So, so much. And if you ever think otherwise you're wrong. I'll love you forever." Peeta whispers.

A tear drips onto my forehead so I wipe his cheek.

"Please don't cry." I say.

"Seeing you cry makes me cry. I don't want to see my girl cry, it makes me feel like my world has come crashing down." Peeta replies.

I lean up to Peeta and kiss him on the lips.

"I'll always love you. Always." I whisper through the kiss.

I feel Peeta smile.

"I know." He whispers back.

We lay there for a while. Just watching the stars.

Then all of a sudden beams of orange rise up from the horizon.

"Look Peeta. Your favourite colour." I say.