Leaving

The time here has been great, we've made so many amazing memories.

It's just so crazy to think that 2 weeks can fly by just like that.

2 weeks ago me and Peeta weren't together.

It's weird to think that.

We all get in Peeta's car and prepare to drive back to our homes.

We stop at a service station at the halfway point.

"What restaurant should we eat at?" Marvel asks.

"Burger King!" Finnick shouts.

We all roll our eyes. I guess the decision's already made.

I decide to order just a normal cheeseburger with fries and an orange juice.

We all sit down at a table with our food and start eating.

"Do you recon the baby will be a boy or a girl?" Cato asks Gale and Madge.

"We both want a girl." Gale says "But I think it'll be a boy."

"Really?" Peeta asks "I think it'll be a boy."

I really do love Peeta, and of course I see a future with him. But I don't want kids until we at least get a career into the situation, and I want to be older.

Because in my days, having a kid when you're young isn't really supported by society.

Madge realises that when she goes back to school after summer, she still has senior year, and by then she'll be around over a third of the pregnancy, which means she's gonna be showing.

But she'll cope with it. Madge always has this special way about her, she doesn't care what other people think. I mean, her life motto is probably 'screw the ones who don't approve'.

Her parents are also really strict. But they already know about the pregnancy and they're highly against abortion so they just dismissed it as something that couldn't be helped.

Peeta smiles at me as I finish my last fry.

We've all finished our meals now so we get up and leave. It's around 5pm now and we still have another 3 hours left of driving.

I must fall asleep in the car because when I wake up its just me and Peeta.

"Did the others go home?" I ask.

"Yeah." Peeta replies.

How did I not hear them leave? They're the loudest group of friends you could wish for.

We pull into my driveway.

I get out of the car, as does Peeta.

He gets my bags out of the trunk and places them by my front door.

"Thanks." I say.

"It's fine babe." Peeta says.

"Thanks for everything we've done these past two weeks." I say "It was the best two weeks of my life."

"Kat... It's all my pleasure. I'd do anything for you." Peeta says.

"I know." I reply.

I lean in and kiss him passionately on the lips.

I pull away and look to my sisters window, where I see a head get down behind the window.

Too slow. I think to myself.

You're dead when I get in, Prim.

"I love you." Peeta says to me.

"I love you too." I reply.

He pecks me on the lips and gets back in his car.

I wave goodbye as he drives out of my drive and down the road toward the Mellark Household.

I wheel my bag inside of the house and go straight up to my sisters room.

"You didn't see anything!" I shout when I open the door.

"But I did!" She replies laughing.

She's 13 and she's so evil for her age.

But she's so so clever and caring, when she wants to be.

"Prim!" I exclaim.

"Katniss!" She shouts back.

"Please don't tell mom or Haymitch just yet, I want to tell them in my own time about me and Peeta." I say.

She laughs and then says "I think they already know."

"We saw you and the Mellark boy." Haymitch says smiling.

"He has a name, and you know damn well it's Peeta." I reply.

"I think it was cute, there's nothing to be ashamed of, Katniss." My mom says.

I sigh.

"You're right." I reply.

They grin.

"We want to know all the details in the morning," Haymitch says "But for now, I have to sleep and dream about the wonderful star crossed lovers."

"If by star crossed lovers you mean Peeta and Katniss, I will be too." Prim says laughing.

I sigh and pull my bag into my room.

I throw it on the floor and get into bed.

I'm so tired.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

More up soon!