Silent Love - The Hunger Games Fanfic

"I'm going to miss you, Katniss." Haymitch says to me as I pack my final things into my bag. I'm going camping with my friends for 2 weeks to celebrate summer and the fact that we're going into senior year of High School.

"Yeah, I'd miss you too - if you wasn't so drunk all the time." I hiss back. Haymitch knows I joke. We always joke around like this because he used to be an alcholic because his wife died, Maysilee Donner, and he went into deep depression. He started to drink every day to block out the feelings until he went to some special group and met my mother there. Her reason for going to the group was that my father died in a tragic accident. They started talking and they both had a 'special connection' so about 6 months later Haymitch proposed and now they're married. But I'm happy this happened because Haymitch is really nice and kind. This all happened when I was about 13, I'm now 17.

"Watch the attitude, young lady." He says to me before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"I'm gonna miss you Katniss!" Prim shouts as she runs into my arms. I treat Prim like she's my own life, I love her so much.

"I'll miss you too, little duck!" I say back "I'll ring you tomorrow night." Prim's hold on me becomes tighter and it feels like she never wants to let go.

"I'd like that." She replies smiling. She's 14 now and she's so pretty, more pretty than I was when I was her age.

"Goodbye, Katniss. Stay safe." My mother says to me as she joins in the hug. I notice that Haymitch joins in too. Haymitch and my mother are so happy now.

I hear a ring at the door bell. I'm going camping.

I open the door and a boy with scruffy, dirty blonde hair stands there in a pair of brown shorts, a green top and sunglasses hanging down from the neckline. Peeta. He's just so gorgeous. I've had a crush on him basically my whole life, him and only him. It's stupid - I know, but he's just so perfect.

I walk out of the door and bring my bags with me after saying goodbye to my family.

"Here let me take them Katniss." Peeta says to me whilst taking my bags out of my hand.

"Thank you Peeta." I reply whilst throwing him a smile. He stops what he's doing a second and just looks at my lips. What is he doing? Have I got food around my mouth? I look down and wipe my lips with my sleeve when Peeta eventually looks away.

When we arrive at Annie's, Finn is already there. The same with Cato and Clove, Madge and Gale and Glimmer and Marvel. Weird.

"Viva la camping!" Gale screams out the car window whilst we set off to our destination.

We've all been friends for so long, we've gotten used to how weird we all are. We've been friends for as long as I can remember and we all support eachother like a family. These guys feel like my family.

When we arrive, it's late afternoon. Marvel was left to get all the tents seeing as his father owns an outdoor store. He pulls the tents out of his bag and throws them down onto the ground.

"Lets put these up so we can eat." He says. None of us disagree seeing as we haven't eaten in the car - a seven hour journey.

I pick up the pile of tents and count them. I freeze in my place when I realise how many there are.

"Marvel. There are only three tents." I say. Everyone stops what they're doing and turn to Marvel.

"Oh.. um yeah. About that. My dad only had 5 tents left in stock so he said I can only take 3." He stutters.

"What the fuck, Marvel? Why didn't you tell us dude?" Cato says. He actually sounds pretty angry.

"Well, whatever happens I'm sharing a tent with Madge and only Madge." Gale says. Gale has been Madge's boyfriend for almost a year now and, don't get me wrong, it's cute, but so annoying! Madge turns bright red in the face.

"No! That means eight of us have to share between two tents." Clove shouts.

"Well in my tent I'm having Finn, Annie and Katniss. So the rest of you guys can share." Peeta says. I can't help but blush.

We all pick up our tents and get to work. Hopefully we'll be done before sunset.

When we do finish, we all gather around a campfire. It's now pitchblack and I recon it's about 10:00pm. Luckily, Finnick and Peeta were both in boy scouts so they put up our tent really fast and made it comfy and still had time to build the campfire.

"Lets play truth or dare." Finnick says.

"Yes!" Cato shouts. Cato and Finn have always been the daring ones in our group. The rest of us just let out a sigh.

This can only end bad.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Hey guys!

I hope you liked the first chapter :)

Tell me if you want me to post more.