Record Deal

"Hello?" Peeta says down the phone. I stretch out my legs and flutter my eyes open.

He's on the phone.

"Speaking." He says.

"Really? Thanks!" He shouts.

"Okay... Oh... Me and the boys are spending some time with our friends and girlfriends but we'll be home in a week." He says.

"Yes. The 5th is good." Peeta says.

"Okay. I'll see you on the 5th." He says before hanging up.

Peeta throws his hand in the air and pull me into his arms. He holds me really tight and makes this wierd high pitch noise.

"Who was that?" I ask him.

"It was a man named Snow, he is the manager of Panem Records. He's signed our band!" Peeta shouts.

Finnick darts up and screams like a girl.

"We've been signed!" He screams.

Before I can work out what's happened, everyone's gathered in our tent.

"Snow has signed us!" Finnick exclaims.

All of the boys jump up and down but the girls just smile.

I am happy for Peeta and the boys, their band The Tributes, but, I don't want to leave Peeta whilst he's touring.
And I can tell the girls don't want to leave the boys either.

"How did he hear our stuff?" Gale asks.

"Apparently he found us in YouTube." Peeta replies.

I intertwine my hand with Peeta's and smile at him. He senses what's wrong and says "But we can bring the girls on tour with us. Anyway, we won't be touring until we finish Highschool."

I smile at this for real. Peeta smiles.

Gale holds his hand over Madge's belly. It's weird to think that Madge's pregnant.

Peeta buries my face in his hair.

That cues everyone to walk out of our tent and start making breakfast. Annie and Finn join them.

"Baby what's wrong?" Peeta asks me.

"I feel like I'm being a burden on you." I whisper, feeling ashamed of myself.

"No. Why?" He asks. His voice has gone all high which I recognise as him trying to hold back tears.

"Because you're gonna be famous and you won't wanna be dragging around a girlfriend that has nothing to do with fame." I say truthfully.

"Please don't think like that." He says. A tear escapes his eye which causes me to burst out crying, which then makes Peeta cry even more.

"But I am. It's inevitable for me to think like that." I whisper through tears.

"I'll always love you, please never forget that - well, you won't have to forget that because I'll remind you everyday of my life. I've been waiting my whole life to make you mine and now you are I'm not gonna let you slip away from me." He whispers back.

We just lay there for a few minutes. We don't move, we don't talk.

Silence speaks when words can't.

In the end Peeta says "You could make your own band, with the girls."

I look at him for a few moments, considering it. None of us apart from me know how to play guitar, but we could be a singing band.

"Only I know how to play an instrument, from what you tought me. But, we could be a singing band." I tell Peeta.

He smirks.

"You know, teaching you how to play guitar was just an excuse to hang out with you alone." He says.

"The only reason I let you teach me was so that I could spend time with you. Sorry, but, I wasn't at all interested in learning." I say.

Peeta laughs and kisses me passionately on the lips.

When I get to breakfast, I announce "Girls, how would you feel about making a band?"

They all look like they have been crying, and so do the boys.

"Yes!" They all exclaim at the same time.

All the boys laugh.

Marvel wraps his arms around Glimmer and kisses her on the cheek.

"When did that happen?" I ask them.

"Oh, last night." Finnick says.

"How did me and Katniss not find out?" Peeta asks.

"You were getting changed." Cato says.

That reminds me of Delly's comment on my picture with Peeta.

I look at Peeta and he looks at me. I think it reminded him aswell.

"That bitch!" Peeta shouts.

Everyone's eyes widen and they all look super confused.

Peeta picks up his phone and starts typing.

Everyone tucks into breakfast without questioning Peeta and we all sit down.

Peeta puts his phone away and he wraps his arms around me and rests his head on my shoulder.

A few seconds later my phone goes off.

I pick it up and check it.

@peetamellark : @delly_ca Oh piss off Delly. You're such a slut anyway. Why the fuck would I want to date YOU. I love Katniss, I always have. And if you dare hurt her again I'll ruin your life. I know secrets about you that you may not even know people found out about. So leave my beautiful, so wonderful amazing girlfriend alone (Katniss) and go do one.

I smile and Peeta pecks me on the lips.

"That showed her." He whispers into my ear.

Everyone looks at Peeta and me and Clove says "Peeta are you okay now?"

Peeta laughs and says "Yeah. Just had to deal with a slut offending my amazing girlfriend."

Everyone says awh.

After breakfast, us girls are trying to come up with a band name.

"Hmm. What's a good and gripping name?" Glimmer asks.

"We don't know, Glim. That's why we're brainstorming." Annie laughs.

"What about Quell?" Clove announces.

We all think for a second.

"Nah. I don't even know what that means and it sounds too... menacing." Madge says.

We all nod.

"Gah! I'm so hungry!" Marvel calls Pitt from the background.

"But you just had breakfast." Peeta says.

Us girls all look at eachother.

"Hunger." Annie says.

We all smile.

"Yes. Perfect. It shows mystery." Clove says.

So I guess it's decided.

"When should we practice?" Annie asks.

"How about when we get back, Marvel said we could use the boy's recording room to get us started." Glimmer says.

"This is great. We could post a few covers on YouTube to show out skills." I say.

Before we know it, we'll be home and starting a band. A band. With my best friends.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Hey guys!

What did you think of this chapter?

Peeta's cuss on Delly though.

More up soon :)