My rival, my ally, my only hope - episode 3, season 2

Things are not easy for Yoon Se Ri and Jeong Hyeok. How can she reach him? There's only one possibility in her mind but, will she be interested in reliving the past and make things easy on Se Ri, her big rival?

Han Jung-Yeon looked at his wife, not really knowing what to say.

- You are going to kill me of anticipation! Did anyone answer or say anything?

- No. Only an automatic message...

- A voicemail?

- No... this line has been disconnected.

- Dis... disconnected? Why?

- I don't know why! It was...

- Oh Lord... Now what? How can we reach Jeong Hyeok?

- I sense this is very odd... I mean, Jeong Hyeok's father always told me this was his safe line since ages ago... Not many people have safe lines but he is the 3rd most powerful man in the country so... the line should work...

- You're thinking something may have happened to him?

Han Jung-Yeon seemed worried. He knew something wasn't right...

- Maybe, maybe not... But we have no way to find out, right?

- So... any idea on how we are going to let Jeong Hyeok know he's becoming a daddy?

- You have to give me some time but, for the moment, don't mention this secure line issue and its disconnection to Se Ri. We have to keep her as quiet as possible... Nothing can trouble her... I know I can trust you in this...

- Of course you can, but we're gonna have to figure out a way of setting these poor lovers together...

- We will, we will... - Han Jung-Yeon watched his wife leaving the study. Destiny has its own way to mend things up: - Yes Jinju... it appears, after so many years, we're back to the start and your daughter needs you more than ever... Guess I'm gonna have to go back to the north after all...

Back in the living room, Se Ri couldn't stop smiling. She had pictured that moment in so many ways but she never expected her brother and his wife to be so thrilled about her pregnancy, as they were:

- This baby is going to be the fashionable of the entire planet! Can you imagine? Prada, Miu Miu, Chanel...

- Oh stop it! You're being awful – Se Ri threw a pillow to her brother, making everybody laugh.

- Have you thought about names? You should! - Do Hye-ji was so excited she didn't notice the signs her mother in law was sending her, in order not to be indiscreet: - You have to tell Jeong Hyeok we'd love to help choosing the name of the baby!

- Yes... - a dark shade took over Se Ri's happiness – Jeong Hyeok... I will tell him, don't worry. Well, I should get going... feeling awfully tired, right now.

- Oh... did I say something wrong? – Do Hye-ji turned to her husband, sensing she had made a mistake: - I'm sorry... my lack of manners... I didn't realize...

- Don't worry, dear... she's just too emotional and since her husband is so far away... poor thing, I bet he doesn't even know she's pregnant... - Yoon Se-joon watched his sister leave the room, as if she was chocking in sadness... She had always been a lonely girl but, somehow, that loneliness never seemed to bother her until then...

- By the way, don't forget to pay your brother a visit tomorrow... it's his birthday, anyway...

- Must I go? I really don't feel like going to that creepy place...