Is this strange feeling... love? - Episode 16, part 1 - season 2

My dear readers and friends, first of all my humble apologies for taking so long to publish a new part to my story but I've been busy writing a book of my own, and it's been taking a lot of time from me... I promise that now, I will finish this fanfic, honoring your kind support and this amazing and powerful story, Crash Landing on you, one of the most beautiful love stories, I've ever had te pleasure to appreciate!

                                                                                    ******

Jeong Hyeok felt his wife was about to collapse, at the sight of their dear friends, waving at them, crying and holding to each other, sending them their love and their friendship. They were holding a sign where they'd written this single word: «Saranghae».

Se Ri couldn't stop crying. She knew she'd never see those four friends again, that was the last goodbye, the last time they'd be so close...

- Goodbye my friends... goodbye... -she whispered, but she could notice they were crying, too.

- We'll never see them again, right? - Se Ri held her husband's arm, but he couldn't deceive her. It would be really hard for them to meet one day and they both knew that was a fact.

- I feel so sad for them... If only they could come with us... If only we could keep in touch...

Jeong Hyeok took her outside the boat, afraid she'd faint. Her pulse was weak and they still had such a long journey ahead... He waved at his men, upset that they might be caught and punished by the military police but they didn't seem to mind. Nothing else mattered, that moment to them, but to say their last goodbyes to their favourite couple.

Already inside the boat, Jeong Hyeok covered his wife with his coat, and watched her falling asleep. Se Ri was tired, too tired... despite being almost five months pregnant, he knew she needed special medical care, due to her high blood pressure. He had to focus on her, now, and nothing was more important than the safety of his wife and his twins.

Se Ri was agitated, whispering words that made no sense... he could tell he had taken the right decision. He knew she would have collapsed if he had stayed behind.

Jin Tae is sitting next to them but Jeong Hyeok can see his mind stayed at the shore... The south Korean agent is silent, absentminded, as if he was trying not to surrender to the sudden pain that Seo Dan had stayed....

- It's easier for her, you know...

The man looks at Jeong Hyeok and, for a second, he understands the Captain is quite familiar to that kind of feeling.

- You mean...

- I mean, Seo Dan is a musician... she can come and go due to her musical career. I understand you met in China...

- Yes... But... - Jin Tae is reluctant to open his heart, especially to the girl's former fiancé.

- She is a remarkable woman. She suffered a lot when the man she loved died. She remained single and devoted to his memory and to their story, but I understand that, somehow, you brought her to life. It's been a longtime since I saw that spark in her eyes... And that can only mean Seo Dan has feelings for you. I hope you don't eclipse and vanish...

- I wasn't planning to... I must say Seo Dan is a special lady. A fascinating lady, I must say.

Jeong Hyeok smirked. Oh, he knew that feeling so well... He touched Se Ri's hair, and then answered to that secret agent:

- It's not going to be easy. If you like her and if you want to see her again, you have to prepare yourself for difficult times... This regime doesn't let go so easily, despite the freedom she still has. But is a northern woman, anyway. And you belong to the south... Of course this can be a nice story to remember, one day, if you decide never to see her again. It will save you a lot of trouble... You have your career... You are ambitious and a northern woman can only be an obstacle in the way. However, if you want to go for it...