Epilogue

So, we finally reached the end of the road! Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did, writing each line, imagining each moment of what could be season 2. To the ones who follow me, thank you with all my heart. I will keep writing, next time, my own story. To the ones who don't follow RitaArcher, you are all invited to do so! And thank you ALL for your support and votes, they really meant a lot to me!

Saranghae!

                                                                                   ******

«Focus, Se Ri... Focus»... That was all Se Ri could do. Focus on that woman and don't panic. Do it for you kids, do it for Jeong Hyeok.

- Just tell me why don't you leave us alone?

The woman grinned:

- Why? Let me think for a while... because we hate you. You mean everything we despise... your lies, your lust and you love for money. You corrupt and you cheat... 

Se Ri was trying to read that woman's eyes but they were darken with hate and all she could sense was that she was about to kill her, any second... The woman kept talking:

- You killed the only person that ever meant to me... my brother... and I can never forget that... I've been planning this revenge for years, I watched you meeting in Switzerland, when you put up a show to the press, with your car crash... I got all the info I needed from your brother and the men I hired to kidnap you in Hong Kong... I wanted to hurt Jeong Hyeok where I knew it would hurt the most but this man keeps messing with my plans...

- Is there nothing I can do to make you change your mind?

That was Se Ri's last chance... Offering money was out of the question, she still remembered the way Jeong Hyeok had reacted, as if she had offended him, when they had met at his place and she had told him she was very, very rich and she could compensate him in a very generous way. No. That was not a good idea. That woman had made perfectly clear she despised money and all that meant...

- No. There is not. You took away my brother and I will not rest until I kill you all...

- So, this is a personal vendetta?

- You bet it is. No one wanted to help me because Jeong Hyeok's family is too powerful and they know too much... So, I took advantage of my undercover status, as Division 6 and I was able to make my way, getting myself a team of highly prepared agents, guns and information. Lots of people are involved... there's no way you are going to see your beloved Captain again, Yoon Se Ri... It's sad, though, considering the efforts of trying to hide from me, all your family plans, your children and so... I mean, I appreciate all you've done but there's no way your story will have a happy ending. It just can't be...
The sound of something crashing outside, probably due to the storm outside took both women by surprise and, for a second, Se Ri managed to escape and jump, behind the sofa...
It was all so quick, so unbelievable...
Everything was dark and only the lightnings provided some light, clearly not enough to help that evil woman wonder where Se Ri was... and then, the  sound of a gunshot..
Then another, and another again.
Then, the silence.

When Jeong Hyeok arrived to the apartment, 26 hours later, everything was still silent and the storm had disappeared. He immediately noticed something was wrong: the front door was unlocked, the living room was a complete mess and the craddle was empty. Nobody was there. He then noticed some blood on the floor, next to the sofa. Se Ri's purse was on the counter and so where the car keys. Her mobile phone was off, inside the purse. Money, personal documents, everything was there...
Something had happened there. His wife was gone, his kids were gone and, for the first time in his life, he felt defeated and lost. He feared the worst, because he knew his family had paid for his betrayal to his country and he hadn't been able to save them, somehow.