•EIGHTY-SEVEN•

Start from the beginning

I nudged his body a few times with my foot and there was no response.

I slowly kneeled down to his body and searched his pockets for keys. There were some in his left pocket so I grabbed them and got up to leave, but I didn't even get a step in before my ankle was pulled and there was another body on top of me.

I let out a scream just for Hayes to cover up my mouth and pin my hands above my head with one hand.

"Gabby, trusted you," he whispered and I couldn't help but continue to let out whatever noises I could to get Jack's attention.

"Shhh, shhh," he wrapped his hand around my throat so I couldn't make anymore noises.

"Baby, you know I love you so much but I have to kill you and Jack." His emotionless expression proved to me that he would actually kill me this time.

"I gave you so many chances to just love me back, and I know you do, but you let your pride get in the way every single time, and for who? Jack? He doesn't love you. He just used you to escape this place. He knew I was gonna kill him. You were used again." The room started to get darker and he used his other hand to help him which freed both of my hands.

I heard Jack's voice call my name which gave me hope but caused Hayes' grip to tighten.

"He fucked so many other girls while you were gone. I would never."

Tears started to slip down my face as I tried to push him away.

He leaned down to my ear, panting hard "You know I love you, Gabby," He struggled to get out "And this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you."

And with that, I used the remaining strength I had to jab the keys into his lower side.

He let out a loud groan in pain and I repeated what I was doing until he pushed himself off of me and held his side.

His white t-shirt was covered in blood and so was my hand.

I scrambled to get to my feet as I tried to catch my breath but felt myself get dizzy as I tried to balance myself.

As I was running out of the door, I ran into another body and looked up to see Jack with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." He pushed past me and walked towards the pipe which still laid on the ground as Hayes sat up against the side of the bed, still holding his side.

"Jack, stop." I tried to get in front of him as he picked up the pipe.

"Move, Gabby." He barley acknowledged me.

"Jack, look at me, don't do this."

"See, even in a situation like this, she still takes my side." Hayes chuckled.

"Do you ever shut the fuck up, Hayes? Get over it, she doesn't fucking want you anymore!" Jack yelled.

"Baby, relax," I felt so frustrated that I started crying "I have the keys, let's go, Jack."

"Jack, you've always been such a pussy. Just do it." Hayes said, out of breath.

He just looked at Hayes then to me.

"Gabby, please move." He said calmly "No, Jack. I can give you so many reasons to just come with me so we can get in the fucking car and leave. I've already wasted enough of my time here."

"If you let me live, I'll just kill you. I'll kill Jack and maybe just keep you as my little sex slave until you learn to love me because you obviously can't be trusted." He looked back at Hayes.

"Jack, I swear to God I will leave without you. Come with me now or stay here with him."

He didn't move for a second then grabbed my hand and led us out of the bedroom door.

"I love you, Gabby." Hayes called after us and we both just kept walking.

"Where does Hayes Park his car?" Jack asked as We both hurried down the stairs "Umm, he came from the front door today so I think he parked in the driveway."

I handed him the bloody keys that were still in my hands and unlocked each lock going down the door.

He got the last lock open and slid the chain on the door open so it was no longer preventing him from opening the door and he pushed the door open.

I felt a cool breeze from outside which felt so unfamiliar to me, and I just stood there by the door, still shocked that we got this far.

Jack dropped the pipe and grabbed my hand, pulling me outside.

My feet touched the cool concrete and my body was engulfed by the breeze. I could hear the trees surrounding us sway back and forth while birds still sung and crickets and frogs chirped.

The sky was an ombré of beautiful shades of dark blue and I could see the moon and stars out.

"We did it." I barley got out "We're almost there, babe. We just have to get in the car and go, so come on." He pulled me by my hand out to the driveway where the car was as I still took in my surroundings. It was so shocking to me that we finally made it.

He unlocked the car and he got in the drivers seat while I got into the passenger's seat.

He pushed the button to start the car and the engine turned on immediately.

As soon as I heard the engine, it finally felt like for the first time in months, I could just relax.

He pulled out of the driveway and I watched as that godforsaken house got further and further away from us until he backed out completely and sped off on the dirt road into the woods.