•FIVE•

I walked out of my bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and walked over to my drawers.

No matter how long I stayed in the shower, I still for some reason felt dirty.

I grabbed a T-shirt and a pair of jeans out of my dresser and walked back over to my bed where my phone was.

I pressed the home button and saw a whole bunch of texts from Hayes.

Gabby, I'm sorry- Hayes

Please forgive me- Hayes

I'm begging you- Hayes

I really need you- Hayes

Please- Hayes

I let out a sigh and decided to call him.

I pressed speaker phone and set the phone down on my nightstand.

He immediately picked up "Hello..Gabby?"

"Hello?" I said while putting on my jeans.

"Did you get my texts?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered, bluntly.

"Gabby, please forgive me. It was one mistake."

"No. You pretty much broke my biggest rule." I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"Is that it? Just that one small thing?" He asked

"Well, now that you're being very insensitive. It is." I was disgusted by the fact that he didn't understand what was wrong with this.

"I'm coming over to talk to you."

"No." I said.

"Why? I need to talk to you." "Because I don't want you to come over." "I don't care. I'm coming over anyways."

I hung up the phone and put on my shirt.

I grabbed a jacket, my car keys, and my phone and left my house.

I don't want to talk to or see him. I don't want to get back together with him. I just don't want to deal with him.

I drove to Mackenzie's house to get away from Hayes because I need advice from a friend.

I pulled up to her house and parked in the front.

I got out and walked to the front door then rang the doorbell.

Mackenzie answered the door and as soon as she saw it was me, she had a concerned look on her face "Gabby.. What's wrong?"

"I don't know," I sighed "Hayes won't leave me alone and he drove over to my house to come talk to be, but I'm here instead. It's gonna be hard avoiding him."

She let out a sigh "I'm not letting you run away from your problems. I'm going to help you face them." She said while pulling me into a hug.

"But I just don't want to deal with him anymore, Mackenzie." I choked out as I began to feel tears form in my eyes.

"You've avoided confrontation with Hayes ever since you all started having problems and I can't stand to watch that anymore. It will continue until you put him in his place and put your foot down."

She was right, but that still didn't mean I wanted to do this

Hayes' POV

I sped over to Gabby's house, hoping she would listen to me. We've been dating for so long, I don't know why this one little thing would break us up.

It's so fucking hard trying to talk to her sometimes.

I parked in a parking space at her apartment building and jogged up the stairs to her apartment.

I knocked at the door and waited for her to answer.

I ended up knocking a few more times and waiting longer since she didn't answer. 

After a few minutes, I remembered the spare key I had for her apartment.

I grabbed my keys and fumbled around with them, trying to find the right key as fast as possible.

After what felt like forever, I finally found the shiny key.

I stuck it in the door and twisted it in the knob.

"Gabby?" I called out while stepping into her apartment

"Gabby?" I called again while walking around "If you're hiding please come out and talk to me... I really just want to talk." I said giving up hope that she was home.

I searched for a few more minutes then just gave up.

I walked out of her apartment with my head hanging low and a pain in my chest.

I took my time walking down the stairs and to my car.

When I got into my car, I put my hands on the wheel, gripping it hard.

I slammed my hands on the wheel, feeling all of the sadness and frustration turn into anger.

The fact that she broke up with me after everything we've been through together. Everything I've done for her. She's acting so damn selfish. I hate it.