Chapter 10- Will

"Hello students," she said in a bitterly false smile and sugary voice to us. "I am Professor Umbridge, and there is no reason to sit in the back. I have been informed of your... conditions," she paused for a moment. She seemed to decide to take precautions in talking too, saying words slowly and over pronouncing them as if we were five year olds, "and would like for you to sit in the front. Now, I will treat you no differently than the other students and would like to let you know I will be your friend this year."

I had to hold Nico's hand to keep him from murdering a bitch, an action she seemed to notice. Umbitch- sorry, Umbridge- sneered at our joined hands and forced us to sit in the front row. The toad tried to get us to sit at different tables, but other students started to fill the room and she had to stop at her meaningless attempts.

I had to use my own willpower to stop myself from attacking her as she sat down in her seat, knowing Nico wouldn't even try to stop me. He would probably encourage any act of violence against her.

When all of the students were present and accounted for, she spoke, "Well, good afternoon!" The few responses were tired grumbles, causing a small frown to appear on her hideous face. Now, I know I'm bi, but she's making me consider going full on gay. "Tut, tut. That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good morning, Professor Umbridge.' One more time please. Good morning class!"

"Good morning, Professor Umbridge," most of the class said. When I say most, I mean with a lack of my boyfriend, who just rolled his eyes. The Professor either didn't notice or didn't care as she carried on with her speech.

"There, now," her faked high-pitched voice was starting to annoy me. "That wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out please."

I was shocked. I didn't know how wizards did it, but back at camp a defense lesson meant clashing swords and war games. So far, this class didn't sound as fun.

With a flick of her overly small wand some words appeared on the board in cursive, the hardest thing to read as a demigod.

"Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented hasn't it?" Her sickly sweet voice ringing in my ears. " The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any Ministry-approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see in your OWL year."

Nico POV

I wanted to punch her.

"'You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following a carefully structured, theory-centred, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please."

More of her cursive writing appeared on the black board and I raised my hand. "We can't read that." I spoke while gesturing to Will and myself. "You said you knew we were dyslexic."

"Yes," she huffed in annoyance, "that's why I put you up front. Now you are close enough to be able to read it."

"That's not how it works ma'm," Will said before I could snap at her.

With another huff of anger she said what I could only believe to be the course aims and we wrote them down in Ancient Greek. Thankfully, she didn't notice the use of another language and continued on with the lesson.

''Has everybody got a copy of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?" Little yes's and mutters were filling the room and she tutted again. "I think we'll try that again. ''When I ask you a question, I should like you to reply, 'Yes, Professor Umbridge', or 'No, Professor Umbridge.' Soo: has everyone got a copy of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?"