Chapter 17 - Trick of Party

It must've taken them fifteen minutes but Piya wasn't paying much attention. She didn't even look around or check the place as Abhay pulled her out of the car and lead her inside the place with his arm around her waist.

It was after a long that Piya was seeing such glamour. The lights shining on the marble floors and gleaming the walls. The ruckus of people and whispers accumulating in loud noises.

"Am really honoured you came, Abhay. I was waiting for you actually." A man came and hugged Abhay while Abhay kept on holding Piya hand.

"She is my love, my life, my wife." Abhay introduced Piya and she noticed how Abhay didn't take her name.

Piya simply passed smiles for more than hour as Abhay introduced her to some businessman with utmost possessiveness.

"Um, Mrs Khurana, be careful and wait for me. I'll be right back." Abhay said with a bit of hesitation, after a man whispered something in his ears.

Piya understood he didn't want to leave her but there was something important. She simply nodded and watched him go in the corner while looking over her continuously.

Sighing, she drifted in the party trying to find a place for herself but she found none. What was her purpose in a party filled with high-class people?

She might belong to high class but she wasn't allowed to socialize with anyone. So what was the reason for her to attend such party? Abhay should've restricted her from this party too.

She was filled with bitterness suddenly. Thoughts were randomly popping and going taking advantage of her loneliness and showing her how happy others were, including Abhay. But she was not. She was alone and lonely. Nothing and no one beside her. Empty was what she felt.

Abhay loved her but does that change the fact he was practically controlling her life. It was control more than love. Because as far she knew, Love is more about caring for the feelings than snatching everything dear.

This party was suffocating for her. More suffocating than she felt at that cage called house. She wanted to get out somehow but what would be the consequences then?

Her thoughts were interrupted when she knocked someone and almost fell.

"Sorr-" Piya stopped when she looked at the person whom she hit.

Surprise crossed her face and pain stung her heart.

"Rishab," Piya whispered, her eyes widening and her mind numbing in disbelief. The last person she hoped to meet was Rishab.

"What a pleasant surprise, Piya," Rishab said with a smile but Piya could feel the sadness lingering there.

"Am not sure if I'll call it pleasant," Piya said chuckling sadly at her fate. Last time, his entry blackened the colours of her world, what would happen this time?

"You don't seem happy," Rishab said after a moment of silence. "Is it me or your fate?"

A bitter smile came on her face.

"Wish it was just fate or just you," Piya said, thinking how every element of life played its part in turning her life upside and down. Even every relation. Including Rishab.

She looked at Rishab and saw the concern on his face.

Would things be the same if she had married Rishab?

"You let me go so easily, Rishab. Couldn't you fight for me? Was it so easy to let go the person you claimed to love ?" Piya asked, she wanted to know what was his role in her life.

If Abhay could cross the line for her then why not Rishab?

"It is not easy to let go the person you love," Rishab admitted. "But it was a fight between two lovers and his love is greater than mine. Much stronger to give and take life. Tmhre liye mar to skta hai lekin tmhre bghair ji nhy skta (he can give up his life but can't live without you). I cared for my life more than I loved you. So where did my love stand in front of him? He was the ultimate winner."