Six and Fixed

When Alfred went down the stairs at 6:37 on the dot in late May, he expected to meet a black haired, blue eyed, orphan, or an unconscious criminal. He was almost right.
It was a girl, maybe Master Timothy's age, perhaps younger. Master Bruce had her in a fireman's lift, and she looked tiny.
"Master Bruce, Master Damian."
"Alfred."
"Pennyworth."
"May someone explain to me why we have a 16 year old child, unconscious, in my medical bay?"
"She's 24."
Alfred didn't respond to that. He would tell him the whole answer. Even if it meant he had to take away dessert.
"Pennyworth, the woman is an assassin. Grayson wished take him to his own home, but Father refused. They came to the agreement that she would stay here."
"Thank you, Master Damian. Bed 6 is open for operational use."
Master Bruce set the girl- woman, if Master Bruce is to be believed- on the bed, and Alfred busied himself in cataloging her injuries and connecting her to the various machines.
With everything Alfred Pennyworth had seen in all his years of working with Master Bruce, this surprised him the most. This was a child, and he treated her like a bomb.
Alfred knew that one could not judge by size or age, but this was something else. This was a young girl. Master Dick's age.
He cleared his throat. "Master Bruce."
The clicking of the keyboard paused.
"Yes Alfred?"
"Is there a reason you look at her like she is a threat to the stability of our family?"
Master Bruce turned in his chair and approached bed 6.
"She's Dick's soulmate."
"And."
He looked up at Alfred, "And she is a killer, an assassin. Murdering innocents without hesitation."
Alfred have Master Bruce a look of exasperation.
"Master Bruce, that is a terrible excuse."
"I-"
"No, Master Bruce. May I remind you of who your soulmate is? Must I remind you of the boy who is your son? Need I remind you of your daughter? How about the son of your soulmate? And, Master Bruce, what about me? What do we all have in common?"
"You all st-"
"Ah, but what about Thalia? If, Master Bruce, you can have the killers you call family stop killing, then you bloody well can reform one more."
Bruce looked down at his boots.
"You know I am right, and thus, you do not look at me."
Alfred turned around and walked into the shadows.
"At least consider, Master Bruce."
And with that, he left a bat to brood over the newest member of Alfred's flock.

Hi! Sorry I disappeared there for a while. But I'm back in black and ready to write! Thanks for being patient, and stay safe loves!
~Red