Chapter Ten: Pangaea's Keyfinders

As the sun shone over the academy, students and teachers alike stopped what they were doing to watch a broadcast that had hacked into the school's devices.

It showed a certain teacher getting his just desserts.

Laughter filled the school halls as the students watched the video, seeing the comical sight of a large, burly man standing knee-deep in river water, tripping and thrashing and screaming unintelligible nonsense as he flailed around wildly. Covered in mud and leaves and having what looked like antlers, the figure stumbled around, raving. Eventually, it looked like the figure had jumped or something into the fountain, landing in an unfortunate position, in an unfortunate place.

Everybody knew who the teacher was, and that made it even funnier, because even the teachers themselves had the fellow pegged as a bully and a nuisance. No one was brave enough to stand up against him though, so his tyranny ran virtually unchecked.

Until now.

Whoever these pranksters were, they were heroes for staff and students alike.

Only one man wasn't in the least amused by their efforts.

That man lay sulking on a couch, bandages wrapped all around him, giving him the appearance of a mummy. He glared at his screen. He couldn't even watch tv because of that blasted video!

He growled angrily and got up to get a bag of chips.

He tripped and yowled in pain, screaming profanities and cursing the birth of his tormentors, scaring away the mice that were munching on said bag of chips. A random teacher walked through the hall, stopping and frowning at the excessive commotion coming from the room. They lifted a hand to knock, paused, and shrugged before walking away.

After all, it wasn't their problem.

Russia's POV

The rest of the day went fairly normally. Well, sort of. Mr. BRUTE wasn't there for power training class, so we had a free period. We hung out together, and Reonelles and Cayanes avoided us. I kept an eye on them. It looked like they were planning something. At least Reo was. Cay mostly just followed him around with a stupid look on his face. The rest of the gang told me what happened yesterday at lunchtime, and I guessed they were looking for revenge.

Right now I was taking a break from socializing, and just sat on a bench watching my friends. Canada was whispering something to Japan and Poland, while Ukraine, Germany, and South Korea were talking about the weird file we found the other day. I looked at America.

He was grinning widely, and practicing his shapeshifting. His sunglasses glinted in the sunlight as he morphed himself into several different animals. He told me once that he could morph into objects too, but that it was way harder. I can imagine. I found myself looking at his sunglasses again.

I kinda wished they were off.

I like his eyes. The flashing colors and constant changing is so interesting to watch. I bet I could stare at them forever without ever getting bored.

But that would be weird.

Speaking of weird, I noticed Canada creeping up on Ame, holding something in his hand, and shushing the others who were stifling giggles. I raised an eyebrow at his strange actions.