"How are you going to do it, Sakura?" Ibiki asks me seriously. He knows that all the topics about Sasuke is kind of painful to me. But I have learnt my lesson. If he is ever going to come back, he is going to have hell of a beating. I will not allow him to return to the village as if nothing happened. As if he had not hurt me.

"I honestly, have no idea." I shrug my shoulders and sigh, rubbing my temples. "I heard that Deidara and Tobi are currently partners, Hidan and Kakuzu have disappeared." Small smile appears on Sasori's lips at the mention of Deidara. I do suspect that something was going on between the two of them. But he never talked about it and I never really tried to push him. "Itachi and Kisame are still partners." I state firmly and smile. "While leader and co-leader are still staying in their main hideout." I finish the monologue and look at Ibiki, who is waiting for me to continue. "It is most likely that Tobi and Deidara will be after Sasuke and we." I motion at myself and Sasori. "Are going to prevent it from happening. And after dealing with Akatsuki, we will bring Itachi home." I finish with another smile.

After small meeting, Tsunade has explained Itachi's situation to several ANBU captains, high Jonins and heads of the clans. I was surprised that even Fugaku-san did not know about the mission. When I talked to Shisui about it, he seemed proud of Itachi, stating that he risked everything for the village.

"Sometimes, I wonder which Uchiha you like..." Sasori trails off, small smirk plastered on her face. I raise my eyebrows at him and he chuckles. Even Ibiki is attentively listening to us. "Well, you clearly have some kind of feelings towards Sasuke." He states simply. "You spend a lot of time with Shisui and you clearly care about Itachi."

"Don't be stupid, Sasori." I roll my eyes and shake my head. "I grew up with Shisui and Itachi, they were my senseis and they are basically, like my older brothers." I sigh, clicking my tongue. "A-And I don't like Sasuke." I roll my eyes. "I... I will not simply accept him back. He clearly needs some serious beating up and he has to deserve my trust back."

"I am proud of you." Ibiki states with smug expression on his face. "I raised you right, brat." I can see wetness in his eyes, but I don't comment on it.

Is Ibiki going softer than usual?

***

"Do you know where we are going, Sakura-chan?" Shisui asks tiredly as we hop from one tree to another. Shisui is standing on my left, while Sasori is on my right. Both of them look exhausted and annoyed. We have been running around without any leads for couple of days. Even I am losing some hope.

"Okay, let's make a camp." I mumble tiredly as we stop. Shisui nods, starting fire up. He is not listening to us, giving me and Sasori some privacy. The redhead still feels a bit uneasy about other Konoha ninjas, even though after he saved Asuma's life, people have been more accepting. "Ne, Sasori." The redhead looks at me, raising his eyebrows. "Do you... Do you have feelings for Deidara?" My blunt question seems to surprise him, but he does not deny it, instead he sighs.

"I don't know, Blossom." He chuckles humorlessly. "I clearly feel empty without him next to me, constantly annoying me." He admits and looks down at his hands. "But I do know that we can't save everyone."

"Yet, we can try." I suggest with smile and he nods. We have to try at least.

***

"I don't feel comfortable with him being my guard." I state annoyed. Naruto opens his mouth to protest, but I stop him with rise of my hand. "I don't even need a guard, Naruto." I sneer the words.

"I know that, Sakura-chan." Naruto starts whining and nervously chuckling. "But... With Tsunade-baa-chan's and Sai's death... I don't want to leave you alone." He admits with sulking voice. "I asked Kakashi to be with Hinata and he agreed, and... I have to be with Bee... So it leaves teme with you."

"Can't I go alone?" I try my luck once again. Ever since Naruto became Hokage he is running on my nerves. I do realize that he is worried about me and everyone, but he can't act like that. Like, I am someone, that needs protection.

"Hn." Sasuke speaks up. Both of us look at him, but his onyx eyes are frozen on me. "Stop being annoying, Sakura."

I wake up at the sound of explosion. Without waiting for others, I start running towards the direction of the sound. I run as fast as my feet can carry me, feeling Shisui and Sasori closely behind me.

When I get there, I can only see Deidara, about to blow himself up, well he is clearly preparing himself for that. Tobi is already gone, while Sasuke is standing in front of blonde. The three of us jump directly between them.

"Danna?" Deidara whispers in a low voice as soon as his blue orb lands on the redhead. Sasori smiles at Deidara, nodding at him. "But...You died..." He whispers once again. Shisui is talking to Sasuke, but I am not really listening to what he has to say.

"Sasori." The wooden boy nods, approaching Deidara and knocking him off. The blonde did not fight back, too shocked to see Sasori alive. "Take him back in the village." I mumble to Sasori, who looks at me surprised. "I won't be needing your assistance any longer here, Sasori." I state with grim face. "I need you to deliver Deidara back in Konoha." Without saying anything, Sasori disappears, taking the blonde with him.

"What are you doing here, Sakura?" Sasuke asks annoyed. He looks at Shisui and then back to me. "Where is Naruto?"

"He is not here." I state agitated. Sasuke raises his eyebrows, surprised. Does he really think that I can't go on a mission without my brother? "What are you doing here, Sasuke?"

"I killed Orochimaru." He states with pride. As if he only knew. It is not really that simple to kill a Sannin, especially someone like Orochimaru. "And now, I am going to kill Itachi."

"Why?" I tilt my head, confused. I know that he left village to gain power, but I never thought that he might want to kill Itachi once again. This time older Uchiha has done nothing. He did not kill his clan or leave mad Sasuke behind.

"Because he betrayed our family, our village." Sasuke sneers through his greeted teeth. "And I will prove that I am stronger than him." He adds in poisonous tone. This is closer to truth. He starts making hand-seals for his fireball jutsu.

Snake. Hare. Boar. Dog.

"Earth Release : Mud Wall." I whisper as wall raises in front of me, shielding both, me and Shisui from the fireball. "What the hell are you doing, Sasuke?!" I yell annoyed at the Uchiha in front of me. His teammates appear next to him, and Shisui starts fighting against them, leaving me alone with Sasuke.

I start running towards him, punching him directly in the abdomen, sending him away. I smile at my actions, if anything this Uchiha truly deserves to have his ass beaten. I punch the ground, creating small earthquake, making it harder for him to stand up.

He shunshins behind me, Chidori in his hand. But I jump away I time, avoiding electricity entirely. He continues chasing me down with Chidori blazing in his hands.

"You irritating little bastard." I whisper-yell at Sasuke, whose eyes widen at my choice of words. "I will fucking murder you." I yell once again, seeing no point in being polite towards him.

Ram. Horse. Tiger. Rabbit. Snake.

"Earth Release : Devouring earth!" I shout out, watching happily as earth raises up at either side of Sasuke, crashing him in the middle.