Without paying any mind to them, I kept walking forward briskly. However, someone stepped in front of me and blocked my way.

"Hey, I was talking to you, you nerd." He spat. It was Alex Chamberlain, the most spoiled, self-entitled brat to ever exist and also the school's biggest bully. "You ignorin' me or what?"

The other primates, his friends, joined in and soon fully circled around me, grunting and snorting loudly.

"This bitch needs to be taught a lesson." Someone barked.

"It seems so." Alex snorted, putting his hands on his hips.

"Step away from her, dude," someone else approached us, placing his lean form right in front of me. "She's not interested."

I looked up to see Park Jimin. I knew him from Math class, but I had never once exchanged a word with him. He seemed like an overall nice guy, but I never knew him that well.

Jimin's intimidating stance seemed to scare Alex and his henchmen. Mumbling something incoherent, they slowly started walking away.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked once he swung around to face me.

"Yes. Thank you,' I informed him, hurriedly gliding past him before an idea materialized in my head. "Hey, do you have a car?"

He looked abashed. "Um, yeah. Why?"

"Do you want to give me a ride home?"

***

"Nice crib." Jimin whistled as he pulled over in front of the humongous mansion. His eyes filled with wonder upon casting over the looming building.

"Thanks," I mumbled. "I find it too dark and spooky sometimes."

"It's quite extraordinary," he remarked. "I've never seen anything like it before."

"I know. My step-father's family designed it."

"It looks kind of haunted," he grinned before his face shifted in an apologetic one. "Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to offend you."

"You didn't," I flashed him a small smile. "Anyway, thanks for the ride."

"Anytime," he smiled brightly at me as I jumped out of his car. "So... see you at school, I guess?"

"Yeah, see you!" I chirped a bit too excitedly and waved at him as he put the car into gear and started driving smoothly. As soon as he was out of my vision range, I got rid of the fake smile and my face went back to my usual impassive and emotionless expression.

I buzzed myself in and the giant iron gate eased open, letting me in. I started climbing up the hill that led to the house, my gaze pinned down at my feet.

As I walked gloomily, I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Taehyung's car in the drive yard. It was when I was almost halfway through the marble pathway leading to the entrance that I noticed him standing next to the door.

Arms folded across his chest, he stood as still as a store mannequin. Despite his pitch black sunglasses, his hardened, austere expression didn't go unnoticed by me. It was enough for me to know he didn't appreciate the little stunt I pulled back in front of the school.

When he realized I was aware of him standing there, his cold façade slumped and he began strutting towards me. When he got closer, I realized he didn't seem so angry, but maybe a little disappointed.

"I was starting to get worried." He murmured.

"Oh, stop it with that." I groaned, removing myself from my spot in front of him and trying to walk around him.