"bri?" liam breaks me out of my flashback. "what?" i ask, looking around. "your relationship with parker after he found out you were pregnant? how was it?" he plays with his pen. the memories take a physical toll on me. it still hurts.

"it was horrible. he left me, my heart broke and i was all alone. he wouldn't answer my calls or texts. his parents wouldn't let me talk to him. they hated me, they thought i set him up."

i'm silent for a second. every emotion attacked me all at once. "um... after a while i stopped trying. i realized that i was going to raise my baby on my own. three weeks later and it's almost as if parker became obsessed with me. he started to come by my house all the time and beg for me back. he would blow up my phone with calls and texts."

"so it got worse?" liam asks the most obvious question. "no shit. that's why i'm here." i snap at him and he laughs. "when did mason come into the picture?"

to be honest he was always in the picture, he was just in the background.

"i guess new years, the second parker drove off. i didn't know this but he was also at that party. he said he saw me run downstairs after parker and followed me outside. it's funny how he's always around when i need him." i look down at my ring and smile. "and how is your relationship now with mason?" liam asks. "the best but i feel bad for him. he has to take care of my damaged ass and all of my issues."

"so do i." he smiles and i laugh softly. "i feel bad for you too but i also don't because i pay you. mason has to deal with me for free." i say with a sarcastic smile. "hmmm you should pay him then." liam gets up and i know my time is up. "if i pay mason to be my therapist then where does that leave you?" i walk to the door. "touché, see you next week my darling." he waves before closing the door. "see you." i wave back at the door.

"finally you're done, let's go, everyone is waiting." lauryn grabs my hand and we rush out of liams office. "we have appointments, we're fine." i walk slower. "yes we do but a mimosa sounds amazing right now. zoë would not sleep last night. she was convinced elmo was under her bed and wanted to scare her." i laugh as we walk to the parking lot.

"mommy!" my baby screams my name when she sees me. i get a burst of energy everytime i saw her... every time. "maddy!" i get on my knees with wide arms waiting for her hug. as soon as i felt her, my arms locked around her. "alright let's get this show on the road. mama can use a drink." connie puts her sunglasses on and picks up ella.

"you can say that again," sam gets out of her car. "how was therapy?" she asks and i look at maddy. "mimosas sound so good right now." i completely avoid that question and walk to my car with her on my hip.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

"this feels amazing." connie almost moans. "can we make this a weekly thing please?" lauryn adds. i laugh to myself. not going to lie, a spa day for us today was probably the best idea sam ever had. we were able to pamper ourselves while the kids were a few steps away from us in the kids area.

"kids how are you doing?" sam asks out loud. "good." we hear the kids yell from the room. "see the kids are loving it."

i hear my phone vibrate and i take the cucumbers off my eyes. "don't!" lauryn stops me in my tracks. "but it could be important." i sit up. "i swear to god if you put one foot on the ground i will personally throw your phone across the room." she says not moving.

okay. nevermind.

i lay back down.

"you need to relax. just take a nap or something." connie tells me but i can't. it's almost impossible for me to relax. my brain is telling me that i was a bad mother. should i let my daughter play with her friends while we get facials and mani pedis? what if the daycare lady isn't trained enough? what if maddy gets hurt? what if one of the kids get hurt?

i wanted to be the best mom possible. i wanted my baby to have everything she wanted. i remember being seventeen buying every parenting and pregnancy book i could find. i researched, joined mommy groups, where i met my amazing and super supportive new friends, and started to develop a mother mindset. yes i was seventeen but i was going to be a mother. i couldn't have a high school mindset. there were no more senior trips, no more prom(although mason ended up making our own prom at his house), and no more girls trip to spain. i had to sacrifice things in order to prepare. there was graduation though where i got lots of whispers about my baby bump showing underneath my gown. i didn't care though, i knew people were going to talk. what they had to say about me didn't matter.

the only thing that mattered was forgetting about parker and looking at my future with mason by my side.

"so... how are you and mason?" connie says all girly like. speaking of the angel. "we're amazing. everything is so perfect right now." i get all happy thinking about him. "amazing huh? so amazing that you're getting married?" lauryn laughs and they all act like they discovered a huge secret. "calm down it's a promise ring, not an engagement ring." i put the cucumbers back on my eyes.

"looks like an engagement ring to me, damn she's sparkling." sam says most likely looking at my hand.

"shut up, i'm not getting married anytime soon. can i hit twenty-one first?" they boo. "you shut up! we told them you were twenty-one so you could drink mimosas with us."