Customers

Chapter 12

Customers

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 1:35PM

Everyone looked down the road to see two cars driving towards the town "Customers. Customers! Customers, everyone! Customers!" Sally yelled with excitement as Grace and Ivy smiled "Customers?" Lizzie asked looking down the road "Okay! All right, everybody calm down for a long time. Just remember what we rehearsed. Make sure your "Open, please come in" signs are out. And you all know what to do. All right, nobody panics. Here we go!"

"Van, I just don't see any on-ramp anywhere." Minny said looking around "Minny, I know exactly where we are." Van reassured but it was obviously a lie "Yeah, we're in the middle of nowhere!" Minny snapped "Honey, Please-" Before Van could finish his sentence Sally drove up to them "Hello!" Sally greeted, making the two stop "Hello. Welcome to Radiator Springs, gateway to Ornament Valley. Legendary for it's quality service and friendly hospitality. How can we help you?"

"We don't need anything, thank you very much." Van lied again driving past Sally "Whoa, honey ask her direction to the Interstate." Minny said driving after Van as Sally followed the two "There's no need to ask for directions. Minny, I know exactly where we're going." Van reassured once again "He did the same thing on our trip to Shakopee. You know, we were headed over there for the Crazy Days, and we-"

"Okay, okay. Really. We're just peachy, okay?" Van said "What you really need is the sweet taste of my homemade, organic fuel." Fillmore said driving up next to them "No, it doesn't agree with my tank." Van rejected Fillmore's offer "We're just trying to find the interstate."

"Good to see you, Soldier! Come on by Sarge's Surplus Hut for all your government surplus needs!" Sarge said driving up next to Van "Oh, honey! Surplus!" Minny exclaimed "I think we have too much surplus." Van said "I do have a map over the Cozy Cone Motel. And if you do stay, we offer a free Lincoln Continental breakfast." Sally offered "Honey, she's got a map!"

"I don't need a map! I have the GPS. Never need a map again, thank you!" Van yelled, getting tired of all the offers as they approached Flo's Cafe "How 'bout somethin' to drink? Stop at Flo's V8 Cafe. Finest fuel on Route 66." Flo said as the others surrounded Minny and Van "No, we just top off." Van said as Minny nodded "And if you need tires, stop by Luigi's Casa Della Tires, home of the Leaning Tower of Tires." Luigi said as Guido juggled tires in the background "We're just trying to find the interstate."

"But you do need a paint job man. Ramone will paint you up right. Hey, anything you want! You know, like a flame job." Ramone drove over to the two "No thanks...."

"Maybe ghost flames! You like old school pinstripin'? Von Dutch style ha?" Ramone lifted his rear end up making Van and Minny gasp. Grace and Ivy laughed they're trunks off as McQueen looked at them with a lid raised "Aren't you a bit old to be laughing at something like that especially like...that?" McQueen asked Grace as she continued to laugh "Kid I don't think you understand but I didn't age well!" Grace laughed as Ivy began to wheeze.

McQueen rolled his eyes as he looked over at Van and Minny approaching, when Van yelped he turned around to Lizzie who had placed a bumper sticker on...well...his bumper...it's a bumper sticker for a reason. Lizzie laughed "A little somethin' to remember us by, okay?" Lizzie asked as Van nervously laughed then drove off with Minny "Come back soon, okay? I mean, you know where we are! Tell your friends!" Sally yelled "Okay! Yes. You bet."

"Thanks again folks bye bye now." Minny said as the two stepped over the large crack in the road "Psst! Psst! Hey! Hey, hey,hey! I know how to get to the Interstate!" McQueen whispered which caught Minny's attention "Oh do ya?" Minny asked "Minny, no!"

"Yeah, yeah,yeah. No, not really. But listen. I'm Lightning McQueen, the famous race car. I'm being held here against my will. And I need you to call my team, so they can rescue me, and get me to California in time for me to win The Piston Cup. Do you understand?" After a few seconds of silence the two beep as they lock their doors and begin to drive off as Grace and Ivy smirked "No, no, no, no, no! No, It's the truth! I'm telling you! You gotta help me! Don't leave me here!! I'm in hillbilly hell!! My IQ's dropping by the second!! I'M BECOMING ONE OF 'EM!!!"